Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Blood!

Comment

3rd animal, 1st buck with my 6 creed. San Saba co.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^Good job!

Comment

Finally mounted a scope last night, just going to roll with Razor LH 2-10 at least for deer season, but after shooting it today I may just leave it. This rifle is unbelievable, I’ll let the pics speak for themselves, but a 0.33” group with factory soft points...

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
              Finally mounted a scope last night, just going to roll with Razor LH 2-10 at least for deer season, but after shooting it today I may just leave it. This rifle is unbelievable, I’ll let the pics speak for themselves, but a 0.33” group with factory soft points...

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m most impressed that out of 4 factory loads 3 shot in the .3’s!

And surprised that the one I expected to do best went all the way to .6

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                I’m most impressed that out of 4 factory loads 3 shot in the .3’s!

And surprised that the one I expected to do best went all the way to .6

me too, but I was shooting pretty quick, so I wouldn’t take it to the bank, I was most shocked about the S&B’s, they grouped well at 200 also

Comment

Got my free cds dial for my vx5 on my APR TBH 6 creed this week. Was testing it out yesterday. 2 shots at with factory Hornady match 108 ELDM.

These guns are so freaking awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not part of the group build but I'll add to as I watched this build closely.

Mine is a 30 Nosler built on a defiance tenacity with Roberts APR designed stock from AG and a Muller barrel. Minimum load work and it's running in the .3s at 300 yards with 215s.

I took this cow with our own J-J Matt 2 weeks ago then walking to the stand I took this nice 8 at 265 yards from a kneeling position this past Friday.

Headed to Lampasas in two weeks for some Axis culling.

I've owned a few from APR and they continue to surpass expectations.Click image for larger version

Name:	20191108_165553.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	24597365Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	24597366

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      Not part of the group build but I'll add to as I watched this build closely.

Mine is a 30 Nosler built on a defiance tenacity with Roberts APR designed stock from AG and a Muller barrel. Minimum load work and it's running in the .3s at 300 yards with 215s.

I took this cow with our own J-J Matt 2 weeks ago then walking to the stand I took this nice 8 at 265 yards from a kneeling position this past Friday.

Headed to Lampasas in two weeks for some Axis culling.

I've owned a few from APR and they continue to surpass expectations.[ATTACH]979720[/ATTACH][ATTACH]979721[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                      Very nice. Great animals and great rifles.👍

Comment

I'll 2nd the motion for an APR Tomahawk build for the TBH Special 2020. Those things look SWEET.

Comment

First Kill with my Tier 2 6.5 PRC

Comment

Well our 2019 big game season is coming to an end. Its been a pretty successful year and I owe a good chunk of it to APR. The rifles my dad and I had built are sure awesome and have far surpassed our expectations. My dad ate his deer tag as he just couldnt find a buck worth taking. Our mule deer population is struggling enough so we do pass on some. I punched my deer tag on a smaller 3x4 but am super grateful to have him in the freezer. I shot him with my 6.5prc shooting factory 143eldx. Just over 300yds 1 shot and didn't take a step. My dads 6.5prc shoots lights out as well.

Elk season my dad had an any bull tag in the area we like to hunt. We had our eyes on some big old boys but when this youngish 7x7 came in and bedded down my dad couldnt pass him up. He shot him with his 300wm shooting 215 bergers at 430 yards. Never stood a chance...

My other half and I both had spike elk tags for the same area. I shot mine at 560 yards with my 300wm shooting 215 bergers as well. Had 15-20mph cross winds which made the call tuff but dropped him in his tracks with 1 shot. She shot hers with my dad's 300wm at 420 and same result. 1 shot bang flop. 4 animals in 4 shots and not one took a step after impact. I couldnt be happier! I'm a super happy customer and hope to own more of their rifles.

The bad.... I'm a terrible picture taker!! Not just bad at it but I get to focused on the job at hand and forget to take them period at times. I told myself I would get good staged ones this year with the rifles in them but I definitely choked... Here's a couple but I know they suck.. Next year I will be better! On to shooting steel and predators for the winter!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great season!

Comment

I was finally able to draw first blood with my APR from this year’s build. 7mm-08 shooting Fusion 140gr. I was also able to test out the Leupold CDS system. I ranged the smaller hog at 314 yards, dialed the CDS to 300, held the crosshairs dead on and squeezed off the shot. It took 2 steps and fell over.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X