No announcement yet.

Red dot recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't go wrong with the vortex strikefire 2. Great optic and you can get it for 149 at palmetto armory online last i checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      yep.

And Ive been able to shoot 2 squirrels with mine to about 40 yards. It lives on my suppressed 7.5" AR

**** that’s cool. I don’t think I’d be that accurate no matter the gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Red dot recommendations

Another vote for sig. I have the Romeo 4 on my MPX, and I love it. It has the motion activate thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
          Sig sauer Romeo 5 is a good one . I have one on my Ar pistol and it’s been great .
          The Romeo 5 is great and so is the Vortex Spark. I own both currently. I did own a Strikefire and did not like it.

I would suggest also looking at a 1-4 or 1-6 variable red dot for a rifle like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
            The Romeo 5 is great and so is the Vortex Spark. I own both currently. I did own a Strikefire and did not like it.

I would suggest also looking at a 1-4 or 1-6 variable red dot for a rifle like yours.

I agree with the low power variable scope. The Grendel likes to stretch its legs and you’ll severely hampering it by using a red dot type optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              I agree with the low power variable scope. The Grendel likes to stretch its legs and you’ll severely hampering it by using a red dot type optic.

Also true. I have a viper PST 1-6 on my 300blk

Comment

You can find Aimpoint Pros or Trijicon MRO's in that range. It's a no brainer.

Also on the holographic side, the Vortex UH-1 is supposed to be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I agree with this.

Comment

I have a Burris 332 and it has 3x magnification and a reticle that can be used if the battery dies. It’s kind of bulky but is good in an AR type rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      You can find Aimpoint Pros or Trijicon MRO's in that range. It's a no brainer.

Also on the holographic side, the Vortex UH-1 is supposed to be excellent.
                      Do you have any of these for first hand experience?

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                        Do you have any of these for first hand experience?

Only with the Aimpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                          Have you used one before? Do you have any astigmatism in your eyes (that you know of?).
                          Some good sales on the Vortex stuff. I have the Sparc II and the Spitfire (prismatic). I have astigmatism so the Sparc isn’t a super fine crisp dot for me like it is other people. That’s why I have the Spitfire. It’s a prismatic sight. I much prefer it.
                          Thanks for the good info. I'm checking out Cabelas tonight; as much as I hate to. It's their credit card holders night where you get 3 times the points and I have a 10% off coupon.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                            Thanks for the good info. I'm checking out Cabelas tonight; as much as I hate to. It's their credit card holders night where you get 3 times the points and I have a 10% off coupon.
                            Just FYI... if you do have some slight astigmatism in your eyes, it’ll show up more when looking thru the optic indoors. Once outside, it’s much better. Astigmatism sucks.... thankfully prismatic sights bridge the gap between true red dots and low power variable scopes.

Comment

sent you a pm i have something you may like

Comment

Working...
                              X