Big kid airguns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big kid airguns.

I've been watching videos over some of the larger caliber air rifles and it's kinda got me thinking I should add one to my collection of toys. But the problem is I don't know anything about them except the ones I've looked at are expensive! What would be a good entry level air rifle for shooting varmints? I'd like something that'd thump a coyote if I ever wanted to take it out and try and get one with it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

First thing we need to know - what is your budget ?

I’d consider a .25 caliber PCP rifle , do your homework and start researching makes, models, and reviews

Comment

We've got a few in the family, the Benjamin .357 is on the low end cost wise but very accurateand is a repeater but harder to customize, we've got 2 Airforce Texans in the family single shot is a bit of a drawback but very customizable and accurate with the ability to improve. I'm still getting in to the learning curve but have learned that each gun prefers it's own pellets and every hunting situation requires a specific pellet to optimize your results.

Comment

I wouldn't mind spending $300 to $350 for one. I've read up on a few and saw a Umarex Gauntlet that caught my eye. It's a bolt action repeater and it does come in .25 cal but I didn't know if that would have enough oomph for a coyote. I also saw a springer that was .30cal but I'll be dang if I can find it again. I don't remember what it was.

Comment

I’m trying to talk myself into a FX Impact in .30 cal

Comment

PM me if you want more info on a big bore PCP. We build them but if want to ask questions our partner is the brains behind the whole big bore air gun.

Comment

Come on down the rabbit hole bud. Bring your checkbook, it will be fun!

Seriously speaking the accuracy you can achieve with these new PCP's is out of this world.

I have 2 AirForce guns, a big bore Texan .45Ss and a talon .22ss. They are accurate and powerful. The .22 sounds like a toy gun going off but it hits hard.

I would love to add an FX wildcat .30 but the one I like is more than I want to let go of. Not to mention I really need to buy a real air source first.

I kind of want a .25 though....

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a springer vs. PCP since you can only get so many shots out of one tank. It'd get shot quite a bit because I have a prairie dog town a mile from my house so maybe that'd be more convenient and easier unless I could fill the tank myself or something.

Comment

Oh yeah and I killed a 30 lb pig with my talon .22 from about 20 yards.

Comment

I want one badly. I'm not ready to drop that coin on an airgun though.

Comment

Benjamin maurader for entry, tipan veteran is what I would probably buy.

Comment

Don't shoot one or you will buy one. Best advice I can give you.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          I want one badly. I'm not ready to drop that coin on an airgun though.
                          Yea I do to, but dang you can buy a really nice powder burner ( that will still be worth something in a year or two) for the price you will be into most of these pcp. And I’ve been looking at them hard for a long time, they are pretty prone to problems. So you have to want to fix “ tinker” on them, or have a place close by, its sounds like it inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                            Don't shoot one or you will buy one. Best advice I can give you.
                            I can't even watch youtube videos on them anymore

Comment

Ok I forgot about that Benjamin Marauder. That's more of my speed. It's the one with the bicycle pump deal ain't it? I'd like that one that I could refill by myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X