ice packs reusable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ice packs reusable

Seen lots of test on coolers. Yeti vs other brands on how long they hold ice.

But does anyone know what are the top performing reusable ice packs?

Good question. The yeti ones are 30 bux. The others are much cheaper. They seem to do the same thing. I used to freeze bottles and they work great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The Ocean Spray bottles frozen and placed in the bottom of the cooler put the food or drink on top and then ice on top of that.
      The solid ice will keep everything in the cooler colder longer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a thread on here about making DIY PVC ones... I made a few and they seem to work great. I used 2 inch PVC the length of a Yeti roadie... 2 or 3 of them keep everything cold for the day and you get little to no water in the cooler so clean up is a breeze...

Comment

Mix up this stuff and put in 1 liter plastic drink bottles. It works as good as or better than the yeti one I have.

https://www.thebestcooler.com/koolergel-ice-extender/

Comment

I just have the cheap igloo brand ones from HEB. Have had them for years now and still like new. I just store them in the freezer when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
              I just have the cheap igloo brand ones from HEB. Have had them for years now and still like new. I just store them in the freezer when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went and got 6 of the medium size yesterday evening. The refrigerator is not keeping cool, and the part I need won't arrive until after the 20th.

Or at least the part I believe I need.

Got a giant size bowl of ice on the bottom shelf and another bowl on the top shelf.

I'm hoping I can use the reusable to help and take up less room than the bowl of ice.

Comment

My wife orders those "Hello Fresh" meals and they come with that re-useable gel. The packages are about 8x12 inches and lay flat in the freezer. When we need one, we pull it out and put in bottom of the YETI. If they bust, we just throw them away. My Dad swears by the 3 liter bottles filled with water and frozen, but they take up too much space.

Comment

Every cooler has its own ice retention life. For that, I think you need to check out the reviews site for more details.

Comment

I’ve got a brute/bison one. If you put a drink directly on top of it in a cooler it will freeze it. Don’t know how it would preform in your situation

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                      My wife orders those "Hello Fresh" meals and they come with that re-useable gel. The packages are about 8x12 inches and lay flat in the freezer. When we need one, we pull it out and put in bottom of the YETI. If they bust, we just throw them away. My Dad swears by the 3 liter bottles filled with water and frozen, but they take up too much space.
                      Ditto. Then when they started leaking, which doen't take too long, I cut the corner off and pour that goo in to plastic bottles or pvc tubes made to fit your cooler. It's prolly the same stuff as cooler-gel mix. Works good!

Comment

I just freeze a few bottles of water. When they thaw I drink them, then repeat.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X