For you baseball guys, the Fernando Valenzuela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For you baseball guys, the Fernando Valenzuela

30-30 on ESPN was a great piece. I remember Fernando-mania as a 12 year old boy and even had a Fernando Valenzuela Rawlings glove. I can even remember trying to roll my eyes up before delivery when I pitched in Pop Warner/Little League etc. That didn't work out too well....lol

Just a great time in baseball....even as a kid.

On a side note....Now there is a Josh Hamilton Homecoming with Rick Reilly on ESPN2

As a 'Stros fan prior to realignment in the early eighties, I HATED the Dodgers, and of course, Fernando!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

After playing through high school and college, I was so completely burned out on baseball. I give Ron Washington credit for getting me back into the game with smart, aggressive, strategic baseball......

The style of game the Rangers play has finally made the game fun for me again!

Comment

Originally posted by kgredraider View Post
        After playing through high school and college, I was so completely burned out on baseball. I give Ron Washington credit for getting me back into the game with smart, aggressive, strategic baseball......

The style of game the Rangers play has finally made the game fun for me again!

Comment

The rangers are a young hyped up group and its fun to watch.

Comment

the rangers are the next texas dynasty

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              The rangers are a young hyped up group and its fun to watch.
              I wouldn't classify the Rangers as "young"

they have the 12th oldest roster in baseball with an avg age of 28.6 yrs (30 teams)

IMO ... they believe, they play as a TEAM, and they are peaking at the right time

go rangers

Comment

Fernando breathed through his eye lids!

Comment

He was a super hero in his day. It is a shame that super players now days all seem to be tied to performance enhancing drugs.

Comment

Fernando has nothing on Kenny Powers!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Cajun Blake;3043

IMO ... they believe, they play as a TEAM, and they are peaking at the right time

go rangers [/QUOTE]

X2 I couldn't agree more, Well put Cajun... Go Rangers, I have been on the Bandwagon since All-Star break when my Cubbies were 20 games out

Comment

Dang it! I wanted to catch that one. I to check for the repeat segment.

Comment

Used to love watching the fat vato pitch. That was a good time in baseball.

Comment

Anybody remember the Pirate's sidearmed pitcher, John Candelaria? He was one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Anybody remember the Pirate's sidearmed pitcher, John Candelaria? He was one of my favorites.
                              Was Candelaria a side arm pitcher?

or are you talking about Kent Tekulve the long tall skinny side armed pitcher with the dark glasses.....He's another one I tried to mimic.

Comment

Working...
                              X