Small worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small worms

We have had these small worms everywhere. I sprayed the outside of the house and have killed multitudes on the porches. I am seeing a few in the house now. I live in east Texas north of Lufkin. Is this the army worms I have been hearing about? They look like a very small centipede. Thought from anyone? Is there a preventative spray or insecticide anyone uses? I have owned this property for 20 plus years and don’t remember seeing these.

Do you have a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it's the ones I'm thinking of they come out after a lot of rain. They get pushed out of the ground and start crawling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        If it's the ones I'm thinking of they come out after a lot of rain. They get pushed out of the ground and start crawling.

Ground-crawling after-rain worms.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Ground-crawling after-rain worms.

Nailed it!

Comment

I’m south if you in Livingston - if it’s what we see - little millipedes that crawl under base boards, doors, etc.
            Like you, I’ve sprayed inside & out - but they keep showing up. Not an invasion, but enough to be a nuisance.

Comment

We have them up here as well. Not sure what they are.

Comment

We need a pic for identification

Comment

Small worms

Millipedes. We had about 17 million last year at the farm. We saw 1 yesterday. I’d sweep out the shop and within 10 minutes the floor would be covered again. They thrive on moisture and they get everywhere. They also find cracks and get in the house. We applied several poisons
                  and the thing that finally seemed to work was warmer, dry weather. When they die, they curl up and get crunchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                    Millipedes. We had about 17 million last year at the farm. We saw 1 yesterday. I’d sweep out the shop and within 10 minutes the floor would be covered again. They thrive on moisture and they get everywhere. They also find cracks and get in the house. We applied several poisons

and the thing that finally seemed to work was warmer, dry weather. When they die, they curl up and get crunchy.
                    lol. Had the exact same thing out at the place I hunt last year.

Was out there with my wife and my buddy who owns it. The wives spent the weekend on millipede hunting duty.

J

Comment

My wife's chickens love 'em! Get you about a dozen layin' hens and a rooster and let them roam free in the yard... problem solved and lots of good side benefits... FRESH EGGS!!

Comment

They will be gone in 2 to 3 weeks. Its that time of year they do this.

Comment

Had them bad up here in Oklahoma last year....Hoping we don't get them this year. Lived here 35 years and never seen them like that before.

Comment

For us out on the Prairie, it's usually "Love bugs"... They swarm to anything white and my house, barn and shop are all white...

Comment

This is the second round of them we have had this year at my place in Nacogdoches county.

Comment

Working...
                              X