SPI is on fire. Literally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPI is on fire. Literally

Huge hotel is on fire. Being streamed on FB.

link?

Comment

News down there is saying lightning struck the condo building.

Comment

Duane looka was the guy’s name.

Comment

I’ve been on some good fires, It’s amazing how fast this one spread.

Praying all the occupants got out, and no Firefighters hurt.

Comment

What is SPI?

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
              What is SPI?
              South Padre Island I’m assuming

Comment

Comment

Comment

I hope and Pray everyone is ok. We are getting heavy rains that I hope help put the fire out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s big

Comment

Wow, that's not good. Does not look like they have enough big fire trucks to deal with that fire. The seeing the tall buildings in the back ground, if any of those caught on fire, I guess it would be time for everybody to just sit around a drink beer watching the place burn to the ground. It does not look like they have the trucks and equipment to fight a fire in one of those buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                          I’ve been on some good fires, It’s amazing how fast this one spread.
                          It can blow your mind how fats they can spread. I've been on a few jobs where we had apparatus get fire damage.

The Fulton bag & Cotton Mill fire:

Dave E. Williams recounts the heroic rescue of a construction worker from a crane atop a burning building.

Lieutenant Todd Edwards of Engine 10 noticed fire moving upward from the fourth floor to the fifth in a vacant elevator shaft. Conditions were deteriorating rapidly. Crews literally ran for stairwells with a roar of fire chasing them. Greene was initially thought to be missing, but Edwards and Doyle found him “tillering,” as Truck 1’s crew had lowered the stick and was desperately trying to back the aerial out to save the apparatus. Engine 13 was also trying to cut loose from a hydrant.

By this point, radiant heat was melting everything made of plastic on both trucks. Tolbert arrived on side 3 about this time with the hose in the bed on Engine 13 smoking and melting. He also found Truck 1 frantically trying to get away from the structure wall. Flames were pouring out all windows on the fifth floor and most of the fourth floor. The wind was forcing them almost horizontal to the ground and just barely over the heads of the retreating apparatus. Fire had run the length of the building in about the same amount of time it has taken you to read this paragraph.

Tolbert struck the third alarm at 3:10 P.M., bringing in Engines 23 and 19, Truck 26 and Battalion 3, Captain Jeff Miller, as well as DeKalb County Engine 6 and Truck 20, which were being relocated to AFD Station 10 as fill in on mutual aid.
                          I was on the 3rd alarm on Engine 20. We did some major full combat firefighting out there that day. Those old mill houses were lighting up left an right. I had civilians pulling hose for me.

We had the front burned off of Truck 11 on the Krog Street fire(July 3-4, 1991). That one was a lot of fun too. I was on Engine 19 and we were pumping truck 16. Being on the tip of a 110' aerial above a fully involved warehouse is a blast.
                          Last edited by GA Bowhunter; 05-16-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
                            I hope and Pray everyone is ok. We are getting heavy rains that I hope help put the fire out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            looks like this storm slowed compared to what we got in McAllen & they are reporting it's a total loss to the ground even with the rains going on now.

Not verified but folks are posting on FB that vehicles are starting to explode either in the lot or parking garage??

No reported injuries.

Brownsville FD just arrived...wife has a FB friend who is on the ground filming. You can here little explosions like propane tanks letting go. Appears to be speeding & certainly not under control by any stretch.
                            Last edited by Artos; 05-16-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X