No announcement yet.

Blue Angels/Thunderbirds fly over schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coworker in New York saw the blue angles do an arial refueling over his house while we were in a zoom meeting yesterday. Pretty cool to hear on an otherwise boring call. Can't wait for central Texas appearance.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

If someone gets the official schedule post up. I'll be smack dab in the middle of Dallas Saturday and don't want to miss this.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
        Thunderbirds uses to come to Bergstrom Air Force Base in Austin, now the Austin Airport, and I lived just off the runway and we would sit out back in lawn chairs and watch them practice days before the show.
        I was born in the hospital at Bergstrom while my dad was in the Air Force. My dad loved to watch the Thunderbirds fly. I haven't seen them since I was a kid. I may have to take my mom and go watch this in his memory....if I can find out a time and where they will be thru Dallas. if anyone knows or finds a schedule, post up please.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone heard anything?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
            Not sure how may air show “stunts” they will perform especially if they are flying a joint formation. I don’t think they practice together so they probably won’t do a lot of their tricks.
            I read a site that said zero stunts, just a fly over, but still cool to see!

Comment

There is a youtube video just posted about the first flight over NYC.

From preflight to mid air refueling.

Comment

I was told third hand they would be over Houston tomorrow. Anyone have any details on the actual schedule? They just flew of Philly I think yesterday, I don't see how they skip the other cities on the east coast before coming here.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  I was told third hand they would be over Houston tomorrow. Anyone have any details on the actual schedule? They just flew of Philly I think yesterday, I don't see how they skip the other cities on the east coast before coming here.
                  That lines up with what the OP posted but I can't find a flight path or timeline.

5.2 Joint Texas Flyover
                  - Dallas
                  - Houston
                  - Austin
                  - Kingsville / Corpus Christi
                  - San Antonio

Comment

Per the Blue Angels Twitter page, they will be doing a joint flyover tomorrow in Baltimore, DC and Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                      Per the Blue Angels Twitter page, they will be doing a joint flyover tomorrow in Baltimore, DC and Atlanta.
                      Who would have though the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds would have a twitter page?!

Thanks, looks like I just need to pay attention to that.

Comment

I don't twit, so please update us here. Looks like my plans to go hit the river tomorrow are back on.

Comment

Who would have though the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds would have a twitter page?!

Thanks, looks like I just need to pay attention to that.
                          Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          I don't twit, so please update us here. Looks like my plans to go hit the river tomorrow are back on.
                          From what I saw, it looks like we will get a 48hr notice before they fly in any area. I would think the local news channels will pick that up but I will keep an eye on it also.

Comment

We are 2 miles north of Ellington. Will be on alert.....

Comment

According to the latest information, the Texas Flyover with be on May 9th instead of May 2nd. I think the weather system we had the past few days may have delayed their original plans. They have also been adding legs (cities) to the original plan.
                              Last edited by ATControlFreak; 05-01-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

not the same fly over Houston may 8th. https://www.lonestarflight.org/explo...over-fri-may-8

Comment

Working...
                                X