Elk Shape Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Shape Camp

Anyone doing either of the Texas Elk shape camps? I am gonna do the one at CCR.. I cant wait.. From what I hear its worth every penny
    ELK IMMERSION EXPERIENCE 2024 JULY 19TH - 21ST, 2024 GREENACRES, WA LIMIT 45 PARTICIPANTS, REGISTER HERE   We changed things up for 2024!  We are offering only 1 camp this year so we decided to go big.  This 3 day camp is will be an experience like no other, here's a snapshot into the curriculum: Day 1 - 15 participant

I'd love to go but I can't get off work.. I watch Dan on you tube.. I'll keep an eye out incase they come by next year..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      Anyone doing either of the Texas Elk shape camps? I am gonna do the one at CCR.. I cant wait.. From what I hear its worth every penny
      https://elkshape.com/pages/elkshape-camp
      Do they provide a Time Machine? I can still do Alaska, but think my mountain days are over

Comment

nope

Comment

Lol, sucker born every minute.
          They'll probably make a killing though.

Comment

Never done it, but the calling part would be very interesting. I just try to mimick Cory Jacobsen and his youtube videos. Pretty sure I am not doing it right LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

Lol cool?

Learning to call from one of the best in the world is a awful idea? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                That's what I was thinking. $500 to tell someone to eat less and run up hills with a pack on.

Comment

This ☝️

Comment

Elk Shape Camp

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    That's what I was thinking. $500 to tell someone to eat less and run up hills with a pack on.

I think there is a little more to it than that. I think this program is probably designed for the DIY backpack hunter which I’m pretty sure the OP is and not for the ride a horse to the top of the mountain and walk around a little bit kinda guy. There is a huge learning curve to consistently killing elk and unless you are one of the experts in training and elk hunting I’m sure there is something you could learn. I’m 60 years old and been doing it a long time and I still learn something every year. I still fine tune my training program every year and I’m still able to run the mountains of Idaho with my 30 year old sons and our camp on our back It sure would have been nice to be able to shorten that curve by several years.
                    Last edited by huntingfanatic; 02-15-2020, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I think it would be fun and interesting. I am not sure it would be worth spending $500 on. All the info and tips you need are easily found on the internet. I think picking up calling tips and having someone could critic you would be the only reason I would consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post

There is way more to it than that. Elk behavior and calling are the reason I am going. Biggest problem guys going out west have is finding elk and knowing what to do when you find them.

There is some fitness stuff in this camp but it’s not the main priority. Topics are gear, shooting, elk behavior, calling, gear, hunting public land, and fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          There is way more to it than that. Elk behavior and calling are the reason I am going. Biggest problem guys going out west have is finding elk and knowing what to do when you find them.

There is some fitness stuff in this camp but it’s not the main priority. Topics are gear, shooting, elk behavior, calling, gear, hunting public land, and fitness.

JT it kind of surprises me you would be attending this. With as many pod cast as you listen to and you tube channels you watch I would not think you would get a ton out of this. This just kind of seems like a live pod cast to me. I’m sure it would be cool, maybe even meet some new friends in the hunting community, but not worth $500 and unlike to waste money on hunting stuff. What specifically do you plan or hope to get out of the course?

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                            JT it kind of surprises me you would be attending this. With as many pod cast as you listen to and you tube channels you watch I would not think you would get a ton out of this. This just kind of seems like a live pod cast to me. I’m sure it would be cool, maybe even meet some new friends in the hunting community, but not worth $500 and unlike to waste money on hunting stuff. What specifically do you plan or hope to get out of the course?

Podcast are great and you can definitely get tons of info from them. However you can’t ask questions or get clarification from a podcast. Also you can make elk sounds all you want listening to a podcast but there is nothing to give you feedback for how you actually sound.

It took me 4 years to kill a elk and I don’t want it to take another 4 lol. If I go and it isn’t worth the money then i will know. But from what I hear it’s a great course. Plus it’s a whole weekend course so $500 isn’t that bad.

Comment

LOL $500?!!! not for someone to tell me I need to work on cardio. I'm sure the other info could be good but some of these programs I have no idea how they get people to buy in

Comment

Working...
                              X