Anyone else hate this time of year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else hate this time of year?

Sadly I have become the person that allows the stresses of the holidays and schedule make me hate this time of year. I'm cheery while alone in my truck but when I get told at home or a phone call about something else we have to do, I turn into the Grinch. Merry Christmas Ladies and Gents, may yours be as great as mine will wind up being

I like it. We keep it simple. Get to hunt and fish with boys before baseball starts. Get to eat prime rib roast. Merry Christmas

Comment

I dont like it very much because work is usually slow this time of year and its expensive. I dont mind the family getting together etc just spending extra money. As long as my wife and kids are happy all is well though. Me having some tags left makes it a little better

Comment

I need to find the green halloween makeup and my santa hat. I truly dislike holidays with a deep regretful passion. Every thing is so commercialized. So many are so ungrateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some years are better than others. I just try and avoid the malls for the most part and I do agree, it's too commercialized. I'm also amazed at how ungrateful some of the children (even teenagers). It's crazy how much some of my co-workers spend on their kids for Christmas, but in the very same breath complain to no end about how their kids do nothing to help out around the house.

Both the in-laws and my parents are local (within an hour drive); which the wife and I consider both a blessing and a curse. The good is travel is not a big deal. The bad is everyone thinks you can make it over to their house. We finally had to just draw a line and pick one family for Christmas Eve and the other for Christmas Day.

One thing I have realized over the years is it's almost impossible to please everyone around the holidays. I try to enjoy it as much as possible; however, I'm also not going to exhaust myself to no end. I don't get much time off from work to begin with.

Comment

I've got 16 days off work to hunt.

I LOVE this time of year!

Comment

Yes the holidays do seem kinda overwhelming
              And this year is gloomy because on New Year’s Eve I am scheduled to get back surgery
              Oh well at least some good college football is going on so I have something to look forward to

First year I can’t do all my hunting stuff during December and January
              Bleak , gloomy, depressed
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-20-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

it is a hit or miss time for me. I feel like every year i dont ever "get in the spirit" until the day of if at all. there is just so much to do and so much to buy. also being in a customer service based business i get to see the very VERY ugly side of people. literally people are the biggest jerks ever this time of year. i get it people are stressed its a rough time of year for all of us but basic common courtesy doesnt have to go out the window just because its the holidays....

Comment

Busiest time of the year at work so not much time to enjoy the season, then Christmas with the family weighs pretty hard on all of us but especially on my parents who lost their daughter to mental illness in 2012. Wish it felt different. Try to make it special for my kids who are just kids and have no idea what a difficult time of the year it is.

Comment

Fav time of the year. Especially being able to brighten others days.

Comment

Absolutely hate the holiday season

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

We are truly blessed. Good health, bills paid, plenty to eat, great friends, 3 fine kids, two married, good son and daughter in law, and 1 engaged, grandkids, and time to enjoy life one day at a time. Oh, there's ups and downs and bumps in the road of life but we don't let that deflect who we are.

We totally trust that God is in control and doesn't make mistakes. Our focus this time of year is the birth of His son, Jesus Christ and being able to share His love to everyone we come in contact with.

May each of you and your families have a very Merry CHRISTMAS.

Comment

My Grandma just died at 83 after beating cancer 3 different times and now my family is showing their true colors. I could live without it this year. I wont even get my new wallet with ten bucks in it....

Comment

I hate it because the deer aren’t moving and I’m bored, bored, bored.

I also hate all the stupid Hallmark Channel movies my wife and daughter are constantly watching.

Comment

I could live without it! I enjoy my family whenever I'm around them, all the glitz and glam is a lot of unnecessary work, time, and money wasted IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X