Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty cool finds

Comment

Looks like most of what you found are what they call flakes, that were flaked off, as they were making something. So there was a lot of activity in the area. Some of what you found, actually look like they were some type of tools, but I am definitely not a expert on the subject.

Like a couple other people have said. Hills tops, hill sides can sometimes be better than down in creek bottoms. I have only found one point in a creek bottom. I suspect it was used to kill or was used when hunting a buffalo. Since wounded animals go to water, I suspect that might be why I found it in a creek bottom.
      Years ago, one lease we were on, I found a lot of points on one particular hill. I would look all over that hill after a good strong rain. There would be points all over the place, I loved hunting that hill, never found so many points in one area in my life. 30 years ago, when I was finding all of those points, I thought there must have been a battle between two indian tribes, but really don't know why. I bet I found over 30 points on that one hill and it was not a huge hill.
      If there was only a way to figure out why each point wound up where they wound up laying.

Comment

In a valley with 7 draws. Wonder if there is anything on the top ridges?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          In a valley with 7 draws. Wonder if there is anything on the top ridges?
          Going to look around tomorrow

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a map drawn up on our finds so far, so it's not problem to go back to those spots

Last edited by DarrellS; 12-07-2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              You are looking in exactly the right place but what's on the surface has been picked over pretty good. Just a few inches down could really pay off for you . once again....you are in the right spot.
              Our entire place is a big valley that runs east/west. All draws run from South down to North.

Comment

Yep but that spring and those core struck blades tell me you are smack in a very good camp site. There are probably other sites around but where those items were found there will be points. Most of those flakes are not manufacture waste. They are core struck bladelets. Almost all show edge wear from use. You have the spot found. Do a little digging if there is soil there

Comment

Don’t let any druggies know!

Comment

IMO, what GarGuy has to say on this topic is gospel! I would definitely be paying close attention to what he says.

Comment

There’s going to be a midden around there somewhere..

Comment

Working...
                      X