Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 6, 1944

Some incredibly brave men died on this significant day. Thanks to all Vets

My uncle Melvin was with the 82nd Airborne and was behind enemy lines on this day. He survived.

Comment

Thanks to all Vets and those who gave it all for our country. These men truly were our greatest generation and should never be forgotten.

Comment

Great reminder. That generation should never be forgotten.

Comment

The one time my father said that he didn’t mind being assigned to KP duty. He was a tank commander and since they weren’t going in during the major part of the invasion, they had to do KP duty.

Heroes one and all.

Comment

God bless our Warriors…past and present.
            My Grandpa was part of second wave with Big Red 1.
            Its full blown campaign season.
            Good push MrHefe.

Comment

God bless all of our Nations Defenders. Past and present.

Comment

2500 Americans and 1900 allies, freedom isn't free.

Comment

My dad loved electronics. The navy put him in repair school for submarine's radar. They shipped him to Guam and every couple of weeks a sub would come in and he would test the radar and then be off for a couple of weeks. He took up being a DJ for the GI radio channel and would spin albums a few hours everyday. A friend told me the name of the ladies place in town and I casually mentioned it to him. He started stammering and I got a good laugh...

Comment

God Bless The GREATEST Generation! Real Men!

Comment

God bless all the men and women that served this country and in reality the whole world during this time!! My dad was one of 12 kids... 6 boys/6 girls... They all were involved in the war effort in one way or another... MY dad's oldest brother lost a leg on Normandy in the first wave... He was one of the lucky ones who survived those first few hours/days in the D-Day invasion... His younger brothers fought some in the European campaigns and some in Asia... My dad enlisted, but was medically discharged because he was so crippled up with Rheumatoid Arthritis, the Army wouldn't allow him to stay in... He was so upset and determined to be a part of what was happening, he came home, decided to quit his "logging job", and he moved to Houston from Cherokee county and went to work at the San Jacinto Ordinance Depot. He figured, he ran a loader loading logs on trucks in the woods, he could load bombs on ships... that's what he did until the war was over... Thank God for all the fighting men and women, but thank God too for all the ones who served to supply our fighting men and women... They are a vital part of that "Greatest Generation"... With all that's going on in the world right now, I wonder (and doubt, sadly) if we had to do it again against a world-wide foe (such as China), could we/would we do it again??? America has fallen far since that time, maybe too far... I hope not because I truly believe we will be called on to do it again in the not-too-distant future...

Comment

I am grateful for greatest generation securing our freedom. If it wasn’t for them, we would be speaking German or Japanese.

Comment

Working...
                        X