Dish is about to pizz me off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dish is about to pizz me off...

Last month's bill was $116, this month's is $191. WTH!

Pretty common practice, then you call and discuss for hours to drop price...6 months go by, price goes back up.

If you have fast internet, stream and its month to month.

Comment

Get rid of it. Stream if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        Get rid of it. Stream if possible.
        That's what I finally did

Comment

I’m old and dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to this new tv stuff. So how does one stream tv?

Comment

They did it to me one to many times! I cancelled them back in February and haven't looked back.

I put up an antenna for local stations and stream everything else I want to watch.

Comment

I dropped satellite a few years back. Was paying close to $200 a month. I new have Fubo live TV and Hulu and Netflix. All three services are less than $100 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We cut the cord a few years ago with DirecTV. Shop around the different streaming platforms, decide what you need, then only pay for what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  Last month's bill was $116, this month's is $191. WTH!
                  Do you have a contract with them? A lot of these services will up your billing rate once your contract expires.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    I’m old and dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to this new tv stuff. So how does one stream tv?
                    Click on this link it will run you through it.

Not sure where to start with streaming TV? Our guide will show you step by step how to choose a streaming service and stream TV in your home or on the go.

Comment

In my younger years I worked at dish in the retentions department. I hated that job, what happened was your credits ran out so your regular bill is the current amount. You can call and threaten to cancel and they might give you some credits again for 3-6 months. After that it will be the same thing over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                        Do you have a contract with them? A lot of these services will up your billing rate once your contract expires.
                        This. I feel like Dish has a better price than Directv but with Dish you have to sign a 2 year contract to get the best deal from what I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          That's what I finally did
                          Also. Saves me about $100 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            This. I feel like Dish has a better price than Directv but with Dish you have to sign a 2 year contract to get the best deal from what I recall.
                            They will always increase the price as soon as the 2 year contract expires. The only way around this is to basically switch back and forth between dish and direct every 2 years to take advantage of the 2 year discount they each offer.

Comment

I dumped Directv last week after 15 years. Streaming is taking some getting used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X