What's reasonable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's reasonable?

I've been waiting 3-weeks for my new Fostech AR to come in, and it arrived at Collectors Firearms in Houston two days ago at about 9AM. I've called twice to go pick it up, and they keep telling me that I have to wait until they call me. Look, I realize that they only make $20 on the transaction, so it's not a high priority for them, but I've never had to wait like this for transfers from with other dealers. Am I just being unreasonable to expect to have it by now?

24hr to log a firearm is reasonable. I always pick mine up the day they’re delivered. Only one store makes me wait until the following day and I try not to use them.

Comment

Time to find a new dealer on your next purchase.

Comment

Go in, ask for it & don't leave till you get it...find another ffl.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Go in, ask for it & don't leave till you get it...find another ffl.
          This. Mine logs them in the evening they receive it. And it’s available to pick up the next day. I’m good with that. Anymore and I’m not. It’s YOUR gun. Go get it.

Comment

My FFL used to be next day or so. He has gotten bad lately about not calling me at all. I don’t complain much cause he doesn’t charge a lot but it has been annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              This. Mine logs them in the evening they receive it. And it’s available to pick up the next day. I’m good with that. Anymore and I’m not. It’s YOUR gun. Go get it.
              I would guess that BATFE would frown on an FFL taking more than 24 hours to log a gun that's in their possession.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                I would guess that BATFE would frown on an FFL taking more than 24 hours to log a gun that's in their possession.
                I would think so lol

Comment

I'll need to check but think it's 48 hours for the acquisition & a little longer for the disposition??

Comment

That may be the biggest gun store in Texas but it is also full of the most rude, pompous jerks of any place I ever tried to shop. And you ain’t gonna get no deal there.

Comment

You could try being a d**k and see how that works out.
                      Or just let it go and worry about other stuff until you get the call.

Comment

I image with a what they just went thru with the ATF, they are a little cautious right now….

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          That may be the biggest gun store in Texas but it is also full of the most rude, pompous jerks of any place I ever tried to shop. And you ain’t gonna get no deal there.
                          Truth!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            You could try being a d**k and see how that works out.
                            Or just let it go and worry about other stuff until you get the call.

Oh so you are suggesting that he go into the store and act like YOU do on pretty much every thread that you post to and see how that works?? I got ya!
                            Your wisdom is just beyond amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              I image with a what they just went thru with the ATF, they are a little cautious right now….
                              So the ATF, put their nuts in a vice also? I heard of another shop that ATF shut down for a week or so, while they made their lives unpleasant. Have not heard why yet. I am guessing Biden has them going around trying to make people question if they really want to sell guns.

Comment

Working...
                              X