• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Sprayed with avocado oil.
    Seasoned with Meat Church VooDoo.
    Baked at 225 for 20 minutes.

Then to the cast iron skillet with butter, hot sauce, more VooDoo for 3 or 4 minutes on each side.

Yummy

I'll have to give this a try with somethin.

Comment

Sir, please take those quail outside
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        Sir, please take those quail outside
        Lmao. Hit me up later

Comment

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Round two

Another batch hatching out.
            Attached Files

Comment

snakes

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              All mine are outside. One is a 10x10 dog kennel that I roofed and sparrow proofed. The other is a 8x8 cage that we used to raise flying squirrels in. The dog kennel birds are on the ground and the caged birds are on wire with a sand box.
              no problem with snakes getting in there?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                no problem with snakes getting in there?
                The cages are both wrapped with 1/2" hardware cloth. I guess a small snake could get it but never have.

Comment

Hatch any of your own eggs yet Chew??

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Hatch any of your own eggs yet Chew??
                    I haven't. Been too busy. Gave eggs to my BIL and he hatched out about 12 out of 20 (I think). But have been really enjoying eating the butchered roosters and the eggs the last several weeks. I need to get the incubator going.

How's everybody else's birds doing?

Comment

I've hatched a set of celedons. Maybe 50%. Don't know why so low. Could be because some of the eggs get too old before I set them. I've got 4 sets going right now. Both celadons and cortunix.

Comment

Full gutted birds in a glass dish on a bed of crushed ritz crackers and melted butter. Bake with salt, pepper, and garlic. Sprinkle with more melted butter, bread crumbs, copious Parmesan cheese and bake till ALMOST done. Let rest 20 mins and serve on a bed of dirty rice and some steamed greens. You’re welcome.

Comment

Picked quail eggs

Getting about 20 eggs a day.
                          Attached Files

Comment

We got the quail moved up to Centerville and promptly had a prison break. I don't know if the wife left the door open or what happened but I went over there to fill up their water and there was only one quail in a cage it formerly had eight.

I shut the door to secure the one and then went hunting for the so-called domesticated Quail with no survival instincts. Wrong.

Unfortunately my catahoula found the first one and chased it down... jumped up in mid-flight and one snap and it was over.

The next day we found all the rest of them. Some of them had made it over a hundred yards off of our property and on to the private road.

We used a dip net to catch them. And then this morning found the last missing one. So other than the one the dog killed we recovered all of them alive.

We lost one hen I believe.

And I packed the power cord to our incubator and now I can't find it. Had to order another one and it wasn't cheap.

Dang Quail are stressing me out!

Comment

At least you caught them. I would have never thought that would be possible.

Comment

That is amazing that you found and caught them as already stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X