Plastic repair filler/hard epoxy recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic repair filler/hard epoxy recommendations

Can anyone recommend a super-hard epoxy or plastic filler? I've got a pole saw that I love, but the holes were the adjustment tab catch are getting augured out and I need something to fill them in (obviously though it needs to be something I can drill another hole into though).

Jb weld

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Jb weld

That was the first thing I tried. That catch tab tore it right up.

Comment

JB Weld

Edit. I just read your post above.
        Last edited by Burnadell; 05-26-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Maybe bend a piece of sheet metal around the pole, and drill holes in that? Or find a piece of pvc pipe anf use it as a sleeve?

Just ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy a fiber glass kit at the auto parts store. I’d wrap in glass then put a couple additional layers just where you will re drill the holes. If you have never worked with fiberglass……it ain’t that hard, I learned this a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Buy a fiber glass kit at the auto parts store. I’d wrap in glass then put a couple additional layers just where you will re drill the holes. If you have never worked with fiberglass……it ain’t that hard, I learned this a few months ago.
              This or that leaking pipe dope that molds and gets hard as a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                That was the first thing I tried. That catch tab tore it right up.
                Dang

The fiberglass is a good idea. And it's not hard. Matter of fact I probably won't use the remains of a kit I have

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Dang

The fiberglass is a good idea. And it's not hard. Matter of fact I probably won't use the remains of a kit I have

I may try that then. Was also thinking about trying aluminum spacer tubes that I can drop in.

I like that one suggestion about wrapping a piece of sheet metal or something around the perimeter of the tube, but it’s gotta be thin enough to slide up and down through the main tube, and I’m not sure wrapping metal around the inner tube would allow for that

Comment

What about a conduit sleeve?

Comment

Agree a sleeve outside would interfere. What’s the ID of the inner tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The fiberglass idea is a pretty good one. If not that, JB Weld makes what they call a plastic weld or plastic epoxy. It comes in either black or white, they are supposed to be the same mixture, just different colors, but I have found that the white stuff, does not stick to whatever you are trying to glue back together very well at all. At lest the three tubes of the white epoxy I got did not work for crap. But the black plastic weld works very well. Not sure what that's about.

The fiberglass will be more of a mess to deal with, but I would bet it will work better.

Comment

If you get to the Coastal Bend go by any boat place and ask for some black/tan epoxy. Or ask Leemo on here he will know where to find it.

Comment

Working...
                          X