Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Wow! Glad he is gonna be OK.

Prayers up for y’all!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank goodness for those coaches. Good to hear your son is doing well. Your family is our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Praying, Lord please watch over and heal this young man, and be with all the family as they support him.

Comment

Wow. Glad he’s going to be okay.

You need to get in touch with the Cody Stephens Foundation to see if they can help screen the other student-athletes at his school.

Cody’s dad, Scott, is a good friend of mine

Heart screening saves lives. Cody's family started the Go Big or Go Home foundation in his memory after he died of SCA in 2012 from an undetected heart condition. Everyone should have the opportunity to screen for a healthy heart, no matter where they live or how well they play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God is great!

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                  March 28th my 15yo son almost died. He was running on the track during the athletics portion of school and collapsed. Three rounds of cpr brought him back and he was life flighted to Memorial Hermann Childrens in downtown Houston. We spent four days in the hospital and thankfully brought him home last night. God is GREAT and we are so thankful to still have him in our lives. Kade was diagnosed with long QT syndrome which is an electrical issue in the heart. It’s a common killer amongst teenagers as it is difficult to detect without an ekg and an expert in long QT reading the ekg. The prognosis is good. He will be on meds for it for the rest of his life and there are certain exercises (high intensity repetitive exercises like sprinting for time or swimming laps) that he has to avoid but the doctors are confident he will otherwise live a full life. He definitely took some years off ours. The HS trainer and coaches saved his life. The hospital staff took awesome care of him and us and I can’t say enough how in debt to them we are. I just want to beg this group for additional prayers as there can never be to many. I also want to suggest if you have an athlete child you have them tested. No parent should go thru this. Just fyi he has had 3 prior incidents not nearly as serious where he had EKG’s and this was not caught. We are just so thankful that he is still here. Hug your kids and loved ones as life is short!!
                  GOD has plans for this young man. [emoji120] years ago my nephew went thru the same thing while running his track event (they didn't know why or what happen). My prayers are with you and your wife. As a father myself, you having to endure watching and NOT know what is going to happen next.... that is very gut wrecking. Many prayers for full and healthy life to come. Stay strong my brother and God will get you thru this

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery and for that event to not occur again.

Comment

Prayers up and glad you have him home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Praise be to God. Prayers for your son, family and all who helped him.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

have mercy! That was a close one! So glad he is doing better and well and home.

Comment

Scary. Glad all are well.

I'm thinking about just buying a defibrillator to keep with me...

Comment

Terrible and a miracle wrapped into one. Glad people were around that knew what to do. I had an acquaintance of mine (he was a senior when I was a freshman) die from something similar (they just called it cardiomyopathy). He just dropped covering a kickoff and never was resuscitated. Four years later I remember watching Hank Gathers have the same fate. Glad coaches and trainers are more educated now and know if someone goes down they need to assess immediately.

Comment

Working...
                                X