Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NW Houston and Cypress. If you need help please sign up on the Bayou City Fellowship web site. You will not be turned away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone is needing anything specific that you can't find in Houston area let me know. I am heading that way to get some crews started on some projects and can bring whatever is needed. Ill be leaving 9ish this am.

PM me

Comment

Headed down to Orange county with a couple other crews on Saturday. They have work lined up, but doesn't sound like enough. If anybody is in the area needing a hand, shoot me a PM.

Comment

I am heading down to Groves, Tx with a few of us on 9-24-17. We will work thru 9-27-17. My brother is the pastor at FBC Groves an hopefully will have work lined up for us. But if anyone needs anything that way send me a pm and I will try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
            I am heading down to Groves, Tx with a few of us on 9-24-17. We will work thru 9-27-17. My brother is the pastor at FBC Groves an hopefully will have work lined up for us. But if anyone needs anything that way send me a pm and I will try to help.
            Brother Joe!
            Hey I live in groves and can help in any way if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              Brother Joe!
              Hey I live in groves and can help in any way if you need it.
              pm me your info and I will contact you.

Comment

If coming into Aransas Pass please check with the library, they have list of people needing help.
                In Port Aransas check with the community center on Alister St they have the list.
                Thanks

Comment

Just got back from Groves. If you want to work, show up, they will need help for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
                    Just got back from Groves. If you want to work, show up, they will need help for a very long time.
                    Could your suggest some things to bring? "Must haves" that may be overlooked. Thanks

Comment

Depends on what you are doing. We did sheetrock 90 percent of the time. I do not know all the exact terminology of all the tools, but here it goes:

Blade, with many refills
                      kneepads
                      Tsquare, must have
                      We used a tool to place at bottom of sheetrock and you put your foot on it to lift the sheetock of the bottom of floor. One would work, but two would be nice for an entire sheet.
                      Gloves
                      Hats, plan to sweat thru several a day
                      Battery power tools
                      We used some special bit on the power drills that sort of cupped the screws, worked real well.
                      Pencils
                      Couple of measuring tapes. One to leave in the house, the other out where you are cutting the sheetrock.
                      Good shoes or boots.
                      Great attitude.

We also took our own food for lunch, so as not to be a burden. We did not want to feel that anyone had to feed us or pay us back in any way. If you have it, bring some cash, because a lot of people do not have flood insurance, so maybe you might have to or want to buy some insulation, etc.

If you need a place to stay, contact my brother Joe Worley at First Baptist Church in Groves Texas 409-962-4461 and they will let you stay in the church. So you can sleep good and take showers.

Comment

Working...
                      X