It always pays to check your equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always pays to check your equipment

I bought this Carbon Express Blade from Cabelas a few months ago as a back-up and loaner to my regular crossbow (Killer Instinct KI-350). I haven't had a chance to shoot it until yesterday. It was hot and I had just zeroed the scope, but before I was going to go inside for a break, I decided to put one more shot into the target. Luckily, I decided to give the crossbow a good "once over" look before cocking the crossbow. As you can see from the enclosed photo the string was badly frayed - and this in less than 10 shots. Yes, I had oiled the cams, waxed the string and lubricated the rail before I started shooting. Hopefully, Cabelas will do me right and allow me to return this crossbow for a different one from a different manufacturer. I'll follow this up once I've had a chance to visit Cabelas and see how they want to handle this.

Regards,

Dave
    Attached Files

Looks like the cable slide may be bad or installed incorrectly.

Glad you caught that before you got hurt.

Comment

I know it's an entry level crossbow, but I'm not inspired with confidence. If I'm able to, I'm going to return it and buy a new Killer Instinct crossbow as a replacement.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

9/6/19: Update

Good morning:

I visited Cabelas (in Buda, TX) yesterday afternoon with the Carbon Express Blade crossbow I experienced problems with. At least 3 employees asked if I wanted to have it restrung, and I replied that I didn't have confidence in the crossbow anymore and would appreciate it if they would give me store credit for it (I couldn't find the receipt, by the way). They very graciously gave me the full purchase price of the crossbow in store credit. I used the store credit to purchase a brand new, still in the box, Killer Instinct Hero 380 crossbow. Lara in the archery department was kind enough to put the crossbow together for me (thankfully, the store wasn't busy at all). I stopped on the way out and put in a good word for her with the manager on duty. Kudos to Cabelas for their customer service.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

That's good to hear.

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out well.

Comment

Man that could have gotten ugly real quick like. Glad it worked out for ya.

Comment

Thumbs up!!

Comment

Working...
                X