Baker 3 Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker 3 Ranch

Anyone headed there this weekend for the bowhunt? Me and 2 others are headed done there tomorrow. It will be out first time there, hoping to get on some axis.

I'm signed up for march and end of may . I wont make the March hunt because of turnaround. Good luck

Comment

Thanks, hopefully we get to see some animals.

Comment

I’ve been many times but stopped going a few years back. I like the ranch but they are not interested in animals being harvested during these hunts. If you get there early and get a good assigned spot, you might be good. I always like the NW corner of the Taylor section.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
          I’ve been many times but stopped going a few years back. I like the ranch but they are not interested in animals being harvested during these hunts. If you get there early and get a good assigned spot, you might be good. I always like the NW corner of the Taylor section.
          Ok thanks, what changed that makes you think they dont want animals taken?

Comment

Killed Big Red there many years ago during a summer hunt. Lots of critters and a fun time. Probably no one here remembers the owners of Archery Country back in the day ( Bill Blakney f I remember correctly) that named Bg Red. Evidently he had a reputation until I got lucky! Big Corsican ram.

Comment

Fun hunt with lots of animals. Have to hunt for them but they are there. Some tremendous axis on that ranch! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This statement is totally untrue!!! Bonnie and Robbie are great people and have always shown pride in the animals that their hunters bring in. If you can't find a spot and take an animal on a 20,000 acre plus ranch, which is loaded with all types of animals you need to work a little harder!!!

Comment

Enjoying a Baker 3 sunrise as we speak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been a few times and always came back with at least one animal. It can be tough hunting but if you do some good scouting and find a good spot you should have multiple opportunities. It's a huge place.

Comment

Never heard of it.

Comment

I kind of felt the same way.
                        Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                        Ok thanks, what changed that makes you think they dont want animals taken?
                        Not saying they don't want them taken just doesn't bother them that the majority of the hunters leave without an opportunity to take a animal. There was a definite separation between the folks who go there regularly and new hunters. The ranch people pretty much ignored the new folks and if asked for information they were given short, curt, smart *** remarks. Then sat around visiting with the regulars.
                        But we saw plenty of animals. At 50 to 200 yards. Getting a shot was the real challenge.
                        I agree though, the owners seemed like great people to be around.

Gary

Comment

Another little trick out there... I don't know about now, but back then they would turn off the feeders for the bow hunts. One time I got stuck in an area with a feeder that was off so I pulled my four wheeler up to it, threw a bag of corn in the feeder, reconnected the battery, set the timer...and was covered in deer the next morning lol.

Comment

I went several times long ago, it was hunting and partying, camping in tents fun, I saw a really smart axis trophy there, spent several hunts and later years hoping to get in range of the beast, only saw him once

Comment

My first time was last june .. if you want to kill go find the animals.. I saw at least 15 shooter axis and could have shot 10 does if I wanted to .. spot and stalk is the only way to hunt them .. if it's hot and dry hunt around the water.. if its green in the meadows hunt around there.. I'm not a sit in a stand person so it's the perfect place for me.. mrs bonnie and her husband were very helpful . He sat and talked with me for about a hour about the ranch and its history.. very nice people..

Comment

Working...
                              X