21 to buy a hunting lic at Walmart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 to buy a hunting lic at Walmart?

My son was just turned away at Walmart trying to buy a hunting license at 19 years old. He was told he had to be 21 to buy one. He said she thought that that changed when they made all ammunition purchases go to 21 years of age. Has anyone heard of this and what does buying ammunition have to do with a hunting license?!He said she thought that that changed when they made all ammunition purchases go to 21 years of age. Has anyone heard of this and what does buying ammunition have to do with a hunting license?!

Weird. I thought it was 18+

Comment

well, she thought wrong.. period. get with store manager and get that license.

Comment

That’s incorrect. I’d talk to the manager

Comment

The law states anyone under the age of 17 must have the youth license everyone else is required to have the adult license. That is a misinformed sales clerk who probably should not be selling licenses, good luck getting the HIPS cert also.

Comment

Yeppers, she's wrong.

Comment

She must be one of the People of Walmart. He is a grown man.

Comment

Just buy it online, its fast and painless.

Comment

In the TPW Outdoor Annual there is no age to purchase mentioned under purchase requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                    My son was just turned away at Walmart trying to buy a hunting license at 19 years old. He was told he had to be 21 to buy one. He said she thought that that changed when they made all ammunition purchases go to 21 years of age. Has anyone heard of this and what does buying ammunition have to do with a hunting license?!He said she thought that that changed when they made all ammunition purchases go to 21 years of age. Has anyone heard of this and what does buying ammunition have to do with a hunting license?!
                    The clerk is absolutely correct. I read it on the internet and I distinctly remember a guy saying, “well I heard....”.

Comment

Unless I missed it there is no age mentioned on TPWD .

Comment

come on fellas its wally world ! what`ca expect ? smarts ???? probly didn't know how to sell one in the first place .

Comment

I never buy a hunting or fishing lic from Wal-Fart. They still use dial up with a 9600 boud connection.

Goto Academy

Comment

This ^^^^^^^

Comment

I hate walmart.......I think I've been in one twice this year

Online is the way to go. I've been doing it for years.

Comment

Working...
                              X