Pre-schooler suspended for spent .22 casing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
    Well, it was in Illinois. Here in Texas I don't think they would have made as big a stink about it.
    lol. I go to different schools in DFW everyday for work and I know plenty that would freak out if a kid brought anything firearm related to school.
    Having said that... yes, it's rediculous

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
      Does no one understand that a spent casing is completely harmless, and is neither a "firearm" nor "ammunition"? It is literally a stamped piece of brass, no different than a soda can. This is insane.
      I'm with you. We let our kids have access to pens, pencils, scissors, exacto knives, and a whole host of other things that could be legitimate weapons but some spent shells get you suspended from school. I'd sue the school b/c there are rocks on the ground and limbs on tress that could used to as weapons to hurt other children.

Comment

A teacher at my wife's school did something similar....but he didn't even bring it. He asked for permission to bring an empty shotgun shell for show and tell. The teacher demanded a principal/teacher/parent conference and got it.

I remember having guns and bows at school, nobody died.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          Friend of mines son got suspended from High School for have spent 20g hulls in his truck during dove season..............
          Spent hulls are grounds for termination where I work !!! So are empty beer cans !!!

Comment

Don't jump too hard on the school yet. Did you read the part that the suspension was for more than the 22? Sounds like the kid may have been a problem for awhile and this was simply the last problem they needed to suspend. I've been teaching 19 years now and there is nearly ALWAYS more to the story than the parents report.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
              Don't jump too hard on the school yet. Did you read the part that the suspension was for more than the 22? Sounds like the kid may have been a problem for awhile and this was simply the last problem they needed to suspend. I've been teaching 19 years now and there is nearly ALWAYS more to the story than the parents report.
              I think the "problem" is a teacher (s) thinks a spent .22 shell casing is a "problem".

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                Is that like an employer firing you for multiple problems which suddenly appear but in reality, it was just once .

I'd be weary of what they say, especially once it became public.

Comment

My son had a 100 days of school project. I get home before my wife so I got started with him. The directions were to glue 100 items of your choice in a shape. My son wanted to use some spent 20 gauge shells in the bed of truck from dove season and glue in the shape of deer horns. Welp wife gets home and lets me know school would have a fit. Bastrop County school district FYI. Ridiculous..

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                    Well, it was in Illinois. Here in Texas I don't think they would have made as big a stink about it.
                    They do in Midland
                    My oldest was in the 5th grade here at the time and the day before was helping me install floor plates to a shed I was building. I was using a hilti gun with .22 blank cartridges. His job was to hold the blanks sleeves for me. Next day at school they found a sleeve of blanks in his coat pocket ( about 5 per sleeve). They called me in. Had two law dogs, two principles and the teacher with him in a room in the office. They wanted to expel him but didn't. Instead he had to go to alternative school across town for two weeks ( a school for problem kids) it was friggen ridiculous and you would have thought we killed someone the way we were treated. It was an honest mistake and no harm done but obviously a very big deal here. They take it very serious because of the school shooting across the country at that time. He is 27 now and still remembers that day very vividly as do I. Ridiculous

Comment

Guess I had it easy, I would get called to the office when the drug dogs were coming to go home and get the guns outta my truck. They knew I was always hunted before and after school.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                        My son had a 100 days of school project. I get home before my wife so I got started with him. The directions were to glue 100 items of your choice in a shape. My son wanted to use some spent 20 gauge shells in the bed of truck from dove season and glue in the shape of deer horns. Welp wife gets home and lets me know school would have a fit. Bastrop County school district FYI. Ridiculous..
                        So which would upset the school more if your son made a phallus out of spent shell casings?

Comment

We used to use em for whistles. Never a problem unless you whistled in class with it.

Comment

They call it "zero tolerance" but it's really zero common sense. I keep trying to tell my 16 year old about making sure his truck is cleaned out after he goes hunting. Idiots nowadays are just looking for a reason to make something out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Jesus H Christ on a cracker! A shotgun bullet?! Oh hell we've got to outlaw that ****!!!!! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              is this not the absolute worst form of profanity, as defined by the oldest recorded law known to man?

Comment

Working...
                              X