TPWD Draw Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Draw Survey

I just received via email and completed a quick survey from TPWD regarding the draw hunt program. Most of the questions are asking your opinion on the online application process but at the end there are areas to voice your likes and dislikes and other comments.

I strongly urge you to complete the survey if you received it and please if you have good ideas on ways TPWD can improve on the public hunts please include your suggestions. If only a few people post suggestions they may not think the population agrees.

Rarely do we have the opportunity to make suggestions to this system in an easy to access manner so please take a minute and complete the survey.

And no I don't work for TPWD.

I completed mine and they have sent me about 6 or 7 more since. I go in to complete and it says I've already taken it. DOH!!!!!!!!

I think they may have a glitch in the email system.

Comment

Sent mine a week or so ago, online.

Comment

I typed a novel, hope they read it.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          I typed a novel, hope they read it.
          Same here, I outline a number of suggestions.

Comment

I got mine and filled out the survey.

Comment

I did my survey and sent an email.

Comment

Filled one out myself.

One thing I commented about was in Texas there is no preference for the residents. They need to start giving at least 80% of the tags to the residents. I've drew tags in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana, and still have not drawn anything in my home state.

Comment

I just completed mine.

Hopefully they will make some changes. After multiple years without drawing anything (not even javelina or archery doe) I feel the system could use some additional tweaking.

I don't think the Texas draw system is worth the minimal application fee. I spend about $100 applying and then around $100 if drawn. At that point you might as well spend a little more and buy a $650 Colorado Elk OTC tag for some real hunting.

Comment

Filled mine out earlier. Added comments about a preference point only option, raising the price for non-resident hunters, and publishing average number of points for drawing specific hunts in specific units.

Comment

sent mine in:

what do yall think - require out of state applicants to buy a out of state hunting license before being allowed to apply to the online system. good or bad idea???

Comment

Ya, I let them have it in the comments section..

PP only option, limit number of hunts per category you can apply, require license for NRs are my main issues..

Without those fixed the system will stay pretty awful..

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                          Filled mine out earlier. Added comments about a preference point only option, raising the price for non-resident hunters, and publishing average number of points for drawing specific hunts in specific units.
                          These are all good. Dang I wish I seen this before submitting mine. I mentioned the NR issue, but the point only option would be nice as well as the avg points to draw. Well done.

Comment

Funny - I just filled mine out. I also wrote a book in the last page.

I put that they should require an active hunting license to be able to apply. Same for annual permit for those drawings.

PP only option also mentioned.

Out of state reduction and increased pricing.

Comment

Making it harder or more expensive for nonresidents isn’t going to make any real difference for resident draw odds.

Please don’t request a true preference point system like Colorado!

Comment

Working...
                              X