Dry spell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry spell

On average how long does one go without killing a deer?? I was thinking about this sitting in the oncologist office with my son. We didn’t kill anything last year not even a doe. Could have but just didn’t have to desire to shoot one. As for bucks, we just couldn’t shot at our target bucks. Had them in range but either in front of some brush & looking dead at us. So I’ve been one season without killing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt shoot a White tail last year either. I have a target buck and i saw him one time but he was gone as quick as he came in. Didnt have pictures again until late December. I wont shoot one this year if i dont see one of my 2 target bucks.

Comment

Last year my oldest son and I hunted opening weekend with no luck. When we got back home the wife got the letter that her FMLA time was up (maternity leave) and that when she got back to work at the Sheriff's Office her off days were changed to Tues-Wednesday. Since the boy had school, and I was on dad duty on the weekends, our hunting season was over. All good this year. Blood will be shed.

Comment

Longest I went was 4 years while I was in college. Between work and school during the week and work on weekends and during fall break I may have made one or two trips a year.

Comment

Couldn't tell you the last time I went a season without killing deer.

Comment

I killed one in 2007. Then the next was 2014. I vowed that would never happen again. I like the meat too much. I didn't kill in either '15 or '16, can't remember now, but my father in law got two that year.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
              I didnt shoot a White tail last year either. I have a target buck and i saw him one time but he was gone as quick as he came in. Didnt have pictures again until late December. I wont shoot one this year if i dont see one of my 2 target bucks.

To be fair last season i had plenty of meat so i didnt need to kill a WT and this year ive already shot an Axis buck and will be fine on meat again.

Comment

I only killed a doe last year. That said, in years past, even if I was on a deerless lease, I was able to go to friends places and shoot an MLD deer or three. Last year I had two left from a bountiful year before and didn't even do that. I'm out of WT but have an axis doe fresh in the cooler so no pressure.

Comment

Oh I thought you were talking about something else

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it depends on two main issues. 1) How picky you are and 2) the deer population density in the area you hunt. On our place we have a lot of deer but some of our hunters will always hold out for the big one. I've hunted other places you could not buy a deer with cash money.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Me too! I thought, “I went without it for 13 years once”. Dang was I was glad to make it to Jr High.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Me too! I was thinking "is he really gonna talk about this?"

Comment

7 years

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Me too! I thought, “I went without it for 13 years once”. Dang was I was glad to make it to Jr High.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Just rub one out. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X