Esteem Hearing Implant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esteem Hearing Implant

Has anyone heard of the Esteem Hearing Implant?

It is a medical device that is surgically implanted under the skin and connect with inner ear tubes. It takes the place of a hearing aid but is supposed to give better speech recognition. You can adjust settings through a remote and the battery lasts 5 years. The battery is replaced through outpatient surgery.

It is an expensive procedure though.

Does anyone know of this or something similar? My hearing aids just aren’t doing it.

‘The Esteem is the world's first fully implanted hearing device specifically engineered to help improve the hearing of adults diagnosed with moderate to severe sensorineural hearing loss. Because the Esteem is a true implant, it's invisible. ... Unlike hearing aids, you never put it on or take it off. You can't lose it.’ https://esteemhearing.com/

Anyone?

Comment

I’m getting there- subscribing. Maybe you just need hearing aids with more power or re- program your existing to changing needs and volume?
      Can you turn off these ones you are looking into? Also, what about when you are around gunfire or other loud noises? Things to consider....

Comment

I don't know which aids your using but I use Starkey AI which works with your IPhone and you hear phone calls through your phone. Works pretty good. Cost $8,300.00 but I can hear.

Comment

I use to work with a lady that had them installed, before she couldn't hear anything and after she could hear pretty well after they got them adjusted.

Comment

My son has what is called a BAHA or Bone Anchored Hearing Aid.
            Its held on by a magnet that is implanted under the skin.
            My only issue with what you are looking for is the device it self.
            with all electronics get better each year. My sons first one was a dumb device his newest one. Is fully blue tooth. he streams his phone to it. He can customize the volume to block out back ground noise. It has a volume cut off like the shooting ear muffs. etc.

Comment

yeah I am still researching gunfire suppression etc.

My hearing is wierd. I have a pretty good loss on lows and mid ranges but normal hearing at high. That is not typical.

When they program hearing aids, it still amplifies the highs so that a crunching leaf or crackling paper sounds like gunshots.
              I have had these reprogrammed and it is the same. Now I am having a hard time understanding phone calls and speech.
              I am looking for something different.

Comment

I need to switch. I have the most expensive hearing aids on the market. A teenager. I have to feed it, give it a car and when I ask what someone said it just rolls it eyes and tells me to get hearing aids. I thought that was what he was for.

Seriously, I'm following. I suffered from sudden deafness and the resulting tinnitus sometimes drives me nuts. Not that hearing aids will cure that, but at least I could hear what people are saying.

Comment

How much does this cost?

Comment

Posting to read later

Comment

$25k -30k
                      it aint cheap. I am afraid i will miss something in a negotiation and cost us a 100k

Comment

Working...
                      X