Muddy Water Outfitters Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muddy Water Outfitters Review

A few weeks back I made a couple posts asking about good dove hunting. Numerous reply’s and suggestions of outfitters, Wichita Falls had the be the place and after talking with Mike I decided Muddy Water Outfitters was our outfitter. Mike was great to deal with on the phone and answered all my 20+ questions. Mike was gearing up to go to Colorado and he told me Johnny would be contacting me with details on time and place to meet. Johnny told me Brady was gonna be our guide for the day. We met at the Exxon at 6:15 am and Brady got there at 6:16am. 1 minute late!!! (Pretty dang good) So we headed out to the field. After a quick set up plan off we go in the ranger to get in our spots. Sun comes up and no birds! I am thinking “ o crap I have five guys here that will never let me live this down if we don’t see any birds”. Then the first shot goes off across the field then another. Ok someone is testing his gun?? Nope it was birds and here they come!!!! For the next 3 hours it was on!! Birds all over the place! I haven’t dove hunted in 5+ years and haven’t hunted a good place in over a decade. First 3 shots 3 birds!?!? Ok this is awesome, I am on, then the missing started. Lol. But after some coaching from one of my buddies(Thanks Matt)I got back in the game. We all had a blast yelling across the field to one another and seeing more birds then most of us have ever seen. Brady was great checking on us and doing anything he could to help but he also let us do our thing and hunt!! Great guy! And he had A lab named Rooster who stole the show. This dog is a machine and fun to watch. He would visit each hunter who shot last, help find the bird then tore *** to the next shot. He was awesome! Around 10:30 we stopped for the break time and lunch. We went for lunch at a place Brady suggested Near Walmart. Can’t remember the name of the place but the food was great and the service was just as good. Our waitress was so much fun we wanted to go back shortly after leaving. We rested up a bit and Brady met us at 3-3:30 to get ready for round 2. The afternoon wasn’t as good as the morning but it was the second best dove hunt most of us have been on. That morning being the first. We all got our limits! Then hung out with Brady and his buddy and Rooster until we got everything cleaned up and loaded up for the drive home. I can’t recommend these guys enough!! If you want to have a great time dove hunting this is the place to go!! Many Thanks to Mike, Johnny and Brady and his buddy( can’t remember his name) and Rooster! We are planning our return trip! Thanks again Muddy Water Outfitters!

Went opening morning with them. Slayed them too.

Comment

Birds birds!!

Just had to say it again!!

Birds!!!

Comment

I went crane hunting with Mike a few years back. I agree with everything you've said about the Muddy Water Crew. Great group of guys and they put us on the birds

Comment

Yup mike and his crew are top notch. Weve been duck hunting with them for the past couple of years and always have a good time.

Comment

Good folks at Muddy Waters.

Comment

Good to hear! I have family that way i may just have to make a trip

Comment

Look forward to the next trip

Comment

Working...
                X