Spypoint Link Micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spypoint Link Micro

I put this camera out this weekend. I can 3 bars on my phone at the site I put up the camera, so no problem, right? I set up the camera and it showed a weak signal, but it did send a photo of me installing it when I paired it with my phone. Since I got home, I have been sent three photos and the signal has read 0% on the app. It must have picked up a signal for a moment. I know there is activity on the site it is set up.
    Has anyone used the booster antennae or used another method to boost the signal?

Constant issues with them. IMO

Comment

I had one out for months working fine. Bought a new one and have had not got it work at all. Now I put new batteries in 1st one and now it’s not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is set up on top of a mountain in Val Verde County and won't pick up a signal. I can get one or two bars with my phone if I'm lucky, but the camera won't pick anything up. I'm thinking about trying the antenna booster as well. If that doesn't work, I'll put a regular camera out and bring the other one home to monitor my house.

Comment

Get what you pay for.

I won't run a SPYPOINT if you gave it to me

Comment

My camera was working fine for a few weeks. 12v battery died. Recharged it checked with volt meter and re-installed. App still shows 0% battery life. Very upset just waited 30min to get support no luck hung up. Reading some reviews on the app store show some customers having the same issue

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just brought one spypoint link mirco back from the lease. Worked great at the house, took it out and not 1 place I put it would it get a signal. Set it up next to the covert on the same network and wouldn't connect. Was hoping it would at least work like coverts when there is no cell signal and still take pics but nothing. Was a $75 experiment that failed at our lease.

Have no issues with cell signal for phones, covert or stealthcam

Comment

Make sure that you update the firmware on your Spypoint even if it is brand new. Anything before 1.11.06 is suspect. I have 4 of them and they all work great. The key is you need 40% cell signal to get the pictures sent to the app.

I've found facing the camera north provides the best pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  I just brought one spypoint link mirco back from the lease. Worked great at the house, took it out and not 1 place I put it would it get a signal. Set it up next to the covert on the same network and wouldn't connect. Was hoping it would at least work like coverts when there is no cell signal and still take pics but nothing. Was a $75 experiment that failed at our lease.

Have no issues with cell signal for phones, covert or stealthcam
                  So, the covert did or didn’t receive a signal?

Nobody has any experience with the booster? It’s be great if this solved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                    So, the covert did or didn’t receive a signal?

Nobody has any experience with the booster? It’s be great if this solved it.
                    Covert does have signal, so does the steathcam I have at another feeder, all are on the same network. I even put the spypoint right next to the covert and left it there a month and it never picked up a signal. I thought about the signal booster but I don't want to waste any more money on this camera

Comment

All of these issues I'm seeing usually come down to having old firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                        All of these issues I'm seeing usually come down to having old firmware.
                        It does have old firmware. I’m going to bring it in town and update it before going another route.

Comment

Mine has worked flawlessly since I've had it but 2 others on lease nothing but headaches. I did add booster on mine to help with signal. I have 25% signal and get pics everytime

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                            It does have old firmware. I’m going to bring it in town and update it before going another route.
                            If you can get it updated I bet it will work fine.

Comment

Complete POS!

Comment

Working...
                              X