No announcement yet.

Old Gray Wolf is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhyners retirement is haze gray and underway!

Corby is a ******. Other than the over cusser, I've never had much use for him. Rhyner will be missed. I was at the ticket watch party in Denton when the Rangers clinch the American league and went the world series the first time. He just sat cross legged on the stage with tears in his eyes for a few minutes. He then stood up and announced that the Rangers are going to the FN woirld series. It was a pretty cool moment.

Not sure what they will do as far as a new show. I like most of what Jake brings. I also think Julie has been a good addition.

I found the little ticket in its first week of existence. I was having to travel that semester and hour and half to finish my degree. I was digging thru the dial and happened on 1310. I could only get it part of the time due the weak signal. I think the hardline was on mid day back then.

The musers are still my favorite, and I listen to them every morning. I hope they don't get in any hurry to hang it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Haven't listened to them in awhile because of the liberal yuck monkey Corby but I always enjoyed Rhyner. Sad to see him go but what a great retirement video.. Prior to the last 3 or so years I was a P1 but have recently switched to the fan in the afternoon. This cements that choice. Stay hard Rhynes!

Gavin Dawson is the worst. He drove me away from the Fan real quick. He’s a robot. I cannot stand to hear him talk about anything. Especially bbq. [emoji3061]

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
        Could this be the Ben & Skin Landing place?
        They had captured a LARGE portion of the afternoon ratings by the time they left the Fan.
        It’s an incredible coincidence if not. It would require a hefty shake up but I’m not sure this could be it.
        Maybe once Norm moves on, move Corby in with Donny Doo and Ben and Skin to afternoon drive time.

All that said, we are pretty spoiled here in Dallas with our little Ticket. No other radio/podcast come close for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          Gavin Dawson is the worst. He drove me away from the Fan real quick. He’s a robot. I cannot stand to hear him talk about anything. Especially bbq. [emoji3061]

I like the GBag Nation.....especially Bacsik during baseball season...much like Rhyner at the ticket. Of course at 2-3 years in they are still kinda new to me and haven't driven me away yet.

Comment

Ben and Skin have already mentioned they aren't moving over to the Ticket. I believe it is 97.1. I listen to Ben and Skin because of their origins with the Ticket.

Pretty sure Jake is just making a move to drive time.

Bacsik is great baseball talk. Bob and Dan are also really good when they get to dive in. Bass and Ty do a great job in my opinion. Very good follows when it comes to the little Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Ben and Skin have already mentioned they aren't moving over to the Ticket. I believe it is 97.1. I listen to Ben and Skin because of their origins with the Ticket.

Bacsik is great baseball talk. Bob and Dan are also really good when they get to dive in. Bass and Ty do a great job in my opinion. Very good follows when it comes to the little Rangers.

I thought Ben and skin were going full time with their brewery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's the problem. This station isn't nor has it ever been a plug and play station (see skip and dale to name a few).

Sports talk is everywhere, but there is and will always only be one The Ticket, and Mike had the vision for that. Now that hes gone and as the musers get closer to retirement, it's just going to be a slow decline into sports talk mediocrity, like every other sports tv/radio station. Spare sports talk.

Enjoy the old guard while they last. Now I'm going to get nervous every year at dry dock....

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                  I thought Ben and skin were going full time with their brewery?
                  They are, but there is a team in place. They are a part of ownership. Rollertown.

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                  Here's the problem. This station isn't nor has it ever been a plug and play station (see skip and dale to name a few).

Sports talk is everywhere, but there is and will always only be one The Ticket, and Mike had the vision for that. Now that hes gone and as the musers get closer to retirement, it's just going to be a slow decline into sports talk mediocrity, like every other sports tv/radio station. Spare sports talk.

Enjoy the old guard while they last. Now I'm going to get nervous every year at dry dock....
                  I disagree a little bit - There is a whole generation of kids that grew up with this and absolutely love / thrive on it.

Will it be the same, absolutely not. I dont believe it will be generic sports talk though.

Comment

Jake with Corba and Danny is something I won't listen to, ever...#riphardline

Comment

Bob gives me tired head. Very well versed in sports. But he interrupts Dan constantly, and his questions ramble on and on and on.... it's like he wants everyone to know he's the smartest man in the room. jmo

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                        Jake with Corba and Danny is something I won't listen to, ever...#riphardline
                        They could name it Slow Death

Comment

They are, but there is a team in place. They are a part of ownership. Rollertown.

I disagree a little bit - There is a whole generation of kids that grew up with this and absolutely love / thrive on it.

Will it be the same, absolutely not. I dont believe it will be generic sports talk though.

Hope your right, seems like a once in a lifetime team though

Comment

And now, the footsteps in Mike's video is a drop. Lol

Comment

Bring back Rocco.

[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Bring back Rocco.

[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                Import Nasty Nestor?

Comment

Working...
                                X