No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pm steve243 or check the classifieds he has some good lookin cat pups for sale.

Comment

Amazing Grace, First you need to pin down your needs. Other that blood trailing what are you looking for? Family dog/pet? Pure working dog? Large or Small?
      That type of thing? I could try to go down the list but I would leave some breeds out so I think I will pass on trying.

Just for grins I hope to have a litter of Beagles this spring. Mom has a great record tracking. And the hopeful dad comes from a well known line on this forum

Comment

Gunner, 8 month old JRT. Have put him on 13 real trails this year after numerous mock trails as a younger puppy. He has done fair to good on most. He got to where he was trailing downwind of the mock trails and winding the "reward" before he sorted out the trail when he was younger. Tends to want to do this on the "real" trails on dead animals. Plus, he's a male and gets excited. Took a heart shot whitetail straight to it the other day and then ran right by the buck before he realized what he had done. Got on a gut shot blackbuck this weekend and took it well for most of the trail, which was long, until the BB did an abrupt turn and he came back to us. There was very little blood but most trailing dogs do better on guts than blood, although this one was plugged on both holes. Here he is with a buck that he followed all the way to the buck and was waiting on us when we got there. I can't emphasize how much it helps to put your puppy with a good, finished trailing dog. The last good dog we have this year got in a fight with a racoon and cut his toe real bad so we're going solo.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Gunner 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	24343660

Comment

Originally posted by Amazing Grace View Post
          So my question is who has good pups for sale? Something from proven hunters is always awesome. Or who is expecting some pups?
          I have a female with puppies due in December, my son has a female due in January. Father is a proven tracker and throws some good tracking pups. Just pm for customers that purchased my pups.

Comment

First track of the year
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415919868.087202.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	24345557

Comment

Congrats FC! Good looking pup you got. How did he work the trail?

Comment

Congrats FC

Comment

I put Trigger on his first real blood trail tonight. He's not perfect but you can tell its in his blood. He definitely tracked the blood. He will be good to go by next year for sure.

Comment

Comment

Congrats FC !

And congrats to Jeremy & Trigger on their first track.

Comment

My pup and his first find.
                        Attached Files

Comment

first track

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
                          My pup and his first find.
                          That's great. He is getting big and looks great.

Steve

Comment

Me and one of my new pups, hard at work.

Comment

Got lucky and a buddy back home shot a little buck this morning. He's going to save all he can't eat for me and the new pups. They can rest now. But they're gonna work when I get back home in a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_243 View Post
                                That's great. He is getting big and looks great.

Steve
                                Im taking him tonight to see how much he is weighing. In the past couple weeks he has gotten real broad across the chest. Took him a minute to find his deer, which was his first real track. There was only one little spot of blood on the track. It was only 50 yards or so, but you couldn't see the deer till right on top of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X