No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know nothing about arrowheads but would be neat if I could learn about the few I’ve found so far. Sorry if I don’t have the right pictures. There’s two more medium sized ones that I can’t find a picture of.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by K_Wittenburg View Post
      I know nothing about arrowheads but would be neat if I could learn about the few I’ve found so far. Sorry if I don’t have the right pictures. There’s two more medium sized ones that I can’t find a picture of.
      90% of what you will find along the Rio Grande will be Matamoros, Tortugas, Catan, & Desmuke. The birdies will be Perdiz, Toyah, and Scallorn.

Google those and you should find some writeups about them.
      Last edited by Reelthreat; 09-30-2020, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
        90% of what you will find along the Rio Grande will be Matamoros, Tortugas, Catan, & Desmuke. The birdies will be Perdiz, Toyah, and Scallorn.

Google those and you should find some writeups about them.
        Will do! Thank you!

Comment

Kerrville knife I found last week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	294718ED-AD90-44DD-ADAA-74F9A65B128F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	24633844

Name:	234AD985-C64E-4192-8D88-575AED500356.jpeg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24633845

Comment

Originally posted by Baygall View Post
            Kerrville knife I found last week.

[ATTACH]1024007[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1024008[/ATTACH]
            Beautiful banded chert. Great find! I'll bet the guy that made that was pretty proud of it.

Comment

I'm curious what points these are. I found them in dimmit county last week and haven't found one like this before. At first I thought the bigger one was broken until I picked it up. Its got a slight slope upwards on the tip and a thinner base when viewed from the side. The smaller point seems to have been reworked and not broken. Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                Guys--you're killing me!!!! Left a lease on Hwy 97 east of Cotulla 'bout 5-6 years ago and haven't found a point since then.
                South Texas and Hill Country will spoil ya rotten

Comment

Any one know of a good place to hunt arrowheads around the Oak Point denton tx area?

Comment

Looking for information on these arrowheads I've found. I'm most interested in the first one on the left. I believe the third one is a Pedernales. They were all found on the same property and I think it's very interesting that so many different cultures/time periods are represented
                    Attached Files

Comment

Fossilized clam.. I thought this was cool! Found near Leon River.

Name:	B3655308-8B39-44A0-BD9B-72B765F453EE.jpeg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	24653191

Name:	919A05DC-38CD-4265-B2BF-8BFB93F81415.jpeg
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	24653192

Comment

ID please

Found this weekend in Paint Rock on the Concho River. Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                          Found this weekend in Paint Rock on the Concho River. Thanks
                          Nice! Looks like a Midland, super old and rare. Can you post a couple more pics?

Comment

More pictures

Couple more pictures. These others were found close by.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Reelthreat may be right. Sure looks like a midland. Lack of symmetry is odd on midland but those flat flakes sure look good. Crazy patina on it. That thing was glossy dark chert when made. Nothing like finding a 12,000 year old artifact.

Comment

Wow that's really cool. What do yall think about the other ones? Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
                                X