No announcement yet.

TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta get her out in the woods soon. She's turning into a couch potato already lol

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
      I gotta get her out in the woods soon. She's turning into a couch potato already lol

Cam is Definitely a couch potato ! But I Draw the line at letting her watch the crap that's on TV nowadays

Comment

I stopped by the local feed store a few days back and came across a handy little Item for laying down a mock blood trail. They are lamb nipples made to put on the end of a bottle.

I have used the one on the left and it works really well. The black one just slips over the end of any small bottle, and the yellow one screws on to a plastic coke bottle. It will not fit on a water bottle because of the rim below the threads.

I use a plastic bottle so I can squeeze it, and regulate how much blood I put out on the trail. It works really well.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jared_bays View Post
          Thanks a bunch. He's definitely HI-OCTANE.

I got him from fowlwaters here on the GS. I think he is from the Liberty/Dayton area. I really dig Mickey's short stubby legs and bulky frame. Truthfully, I haven't taught him anything, its all instinct. I think he's gonna turn out pretty good. Or at least do what I want anyway.
          That's one of Teebows sons! Larry and I bred our dogs together and Mickey was one of the results....sounds as if he is built just like his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky T View Post
            Hey, Jared, here's Mickey's brother, Gunner. He was the little male runt out of the litter you got Mickey from. High Octane also, but smart as a whip. He scent trailed okay the first couple times but now he knows there's food at the end and just goes running downwind scenting for the food. I'm gonna have to get innovative with the trails. Just doing damage control most of the time now.

[ATTACH]630549[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]630550[/ATTACH]
            HEY! That's one of Teebows babies. Larry and I bred Lizzy and Teebow (in the Academy parking lot). Nice pups, game for sure!

Comment

hopefully I did this right. This is my little guy searching for his dinner. His food bowl is hidden behind the blue trash can. I made a trail with deer blood to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
                http://youtu.be/P4JirbXOz7Q

hopefully I did this right. This is my little guy searching for his dinner. His food bowl is hidden behind the blue trash can. I made a trail with deer blood to it.

That pup was working his nose!

He even barked when he couldn't get to the food. He must have been excited!

Comment

Im hoping I can keep him where he barks when he finds the "prize."

Comment

Cool thread. Tuned in.

Comment

Very cool thread! New to the forum and to the thread. Great looking pups yall got!! I will be looking for one after Christmas. Lost my cat/heeler mix this year after 11 years. Hardest loss I have been through yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post

I'm hoping I can keep him where he barks when he finds the "prize."
                        The dogs I have seen work would not bark if they found the deer dead.

They would only bark if they found the deer still alive.

It would be nice to get the dog to bark either way.

Comment

Agreed Tuco^ Mine wont bark either

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Very cool thread!

New to the forum and to the thread.

Great looking pups yall got!!

I will be looking for one after Christmas.

Lost my cat/heeler mix this year after 11 years. Hardest loss I have been through yet.

Welcome to TBH!

Sorry to hear about your dog.

You might contact Steve_243.

He raises some great NALC registered Catahoula’s.

Shoot him a pm and see if he thinks he might possibly have some pups after x-mas.

You might want to get on a pick list for the next litter.

You can do a search of some of his threads, and check out his dogs and pups.

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                              Welcome to TBH!

He raises some great NALC registered Catahoula’s.

Shoot him a pm and see if he thinks he might possibly have some pups after x-mas.

X2 on great looking pups will be getting one when red needs a gf

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                                Welcome to TBH!

He raises some great NALC registered Catahoula’s.familt him a pm and see if he thinks he might possibly have some pups after x-mas.

Thanks for the welcome man much appreciated. Yea was a very tough loss had her from a pup and spent pretty much every day with her. Watched over my family when I wasn't there. Thank you for the info on a pup! Really love the color combination of you pup TUCO and would love to find one like that. I will definitely be sending him a pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X