TBH BLOOD DOG TRACKING, TRAINING, & RECOVERY Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post

That is only a few bucks more than pedigree. I had issues with lots o poo! Was told its the fillers in the low mid grade food. Waking up to my old boy with squirts running around the room in the middle of the night trying to get out side still gives me nightmares
    You will find that they eat a lot less of this good food, and their digestive tract should go back to normal as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballcoach10 View Post

Took Kimber on a hide drag today. It was probably around 200 yards. Not a very long one but wanted to see how she would handle getting thrown into a loop. She did well.
      Coach, your dog Kimber has "I will hunt" written all over her!

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post

Little update on REd my wife brought him out to work so I can keep him with me and start his training. He's grown a lot over the past couple of weeks just UP not OUT. He's got really big bones and looks to hopefully be a big dog

Hoyt21
      Looks like Red is enjoying riding the roads with his Dad.

All that interaction is going to be great for that pup.

Comment

We feed this to Mickey, the 15 week old JRT.

And this to our 10 year old Miniature Pinscher. Its the same formula as the puppy food, just a little lower in fat and protein.

Comment

Dog Food Reviews

I posted this link on another thread:

I found this site very helpful in sorting through all the choices.

The Dog Food Advisor's unbiased dog food reviews and ratings searchable by brand or star rating. Find the best dry, canned or raw food for your dog.

It is a comprehensive list that breaks down each brand.

To see all the brands click Dog Food Reviews on the left tab, then scroll through the list and click on the dog food you want to check out.

Comment

Unable to locate victor dog food so went with diamond. I remember it being recommended to us when I was growing up and we had German Sheppards. It was priced at 32 bucks. Just not ready to drop 50+ for 40 lbs dog food little girl is something else.

Comment

I feed raw chicken quarters 59 cents a lb at most walmarts less poop less waste.

Comment

Unable to locate victor dog food so went with diamond. I remember it being recommended to us when I was growing up and we had German Sheppards. It was priced at 32 bucks. Just not ready to drop 50+ for 40 lbs dog food little girl is something else.
                Beautiful dog !!!

Comment

Thank you Hoyt, just picked her up last night. So far she has bayed up my daughters weenie dog in the kitchen not letting him leave, knocked my 1 year over and licked him to death, I woke up to her eating and playing tug a war with my beard, and chewed on my entire house! Oh the puppy days. I was impressed she was only licking my son when she knocked him down cause she was biting his pants. But once he went down she went into lick mode and not bite. Guess she is a keeper. Been 13 years since we had a puppy in the house. Boy they sure keep you busy. But looks like she is a keeper.

Comment

That's awesome chew everything they do lol. Reds pretty good about only doing his business outside when we get outside I tell him use the restroom and he does which is a good start considering he's only been with me two days. He goes crazy over a fishing rattle cork I gave him.

Comment

So far she has bayed up my daughters weenie dog in the kitchen not letting him leave, knocked my 1 year over and licked him to death, I woke up to her eating and playing tug a war with my beard, and chewed on my entire house! Oh the puppy days. I was impressed she was only licking my son when she knocked him down cause she was biting his pants. But once he went down she went into lick mode and not bite. Guess she is a keeper. Been 13 years since we had a puppy in the house. Boy they sure keep you busy. But looks like she is a keeper.
                      Your replay of events made me laugh Mike..... Great looking pup, Congrats!

I guess I missed it; what's her name?

Comment

I thought this was a cool picture of red today. I know now to shoot into the sun but I think that all the colors match his color is pretty cool. Hard to see
                        Attached Files

Comment

Those colors match up great.

David kept telling me she was something special. My coonazz mother il law suggested name her that but in French and sent this to me.

I told her I just spit on myself trying to say that! She said no read how it's pronounced. So still being long we caller Jenna, when she is doing something bad its Jenna-say, and if its really bad Jenna-say- qua. Best is hearing a 1 year old trying to say it. Maybe pronounces it better than his coon azz momma. Haha

Short answer Jenna

Comment

Those colors match up great.

David kept telling me she was something special. My coonazz mother il law suggested name her that but in French and sent this to me.

I told her I just spit on myself trying to say that! She said no read how it's pronounced. So still being long we caller Jenna, when she is doing something bad its Jenna-say, and if its really bad Jenna-say- qua. Best is hearing a 1 year old trying to say it. Maybe pronounces it better than his coon azz momma. Haha

Short answer Jenna
                            Cool!

That makes four Catahoula’s with Cajun names. (That I know of.)

Gumbo - TUCO

NOLA - Encinal

Boudin - Steve_243

Jenna - Dirtymike

Comment

Daisy did two short trails out at our property. A deer leg was at the end. She became very protective/aggressive with the deer leg and I had to so some tough love. Never seen anything like it....especially in a 2 month old pup.

She did a 30 yard trail perfectly and lost a 50 yard trail when she overshot a turn. I put her back on it and she finished ok. Working her on a 15' retractable lead for now.

She wanted NOTHING to do with this bandit.

Comment

I will be one of the few start with an adult Dog. Cherie (French), is a rescue, about 4 years old now, I have had her for a year. It has been a slow road, but she has come around a lot in the last few months...as far as trusting me and knowing I am not going to beat her. The vet-tech I got her from said she is a mutt, probably heeler and catahoula. She is quick, with a strong prey-drive, and very smart. The lady I got her from said she was he11 on jackrabbits and would regularly catch them.

She is a pretty relaxed dog and hasn’t seemed to be very high strung, I like that. Well, about 2 months ago the squirrels started getting bad out here again. She has made it her job to patrol the area near the house and goes after them. I can bring her in to eat and she keeps running back to the window looking for these guys.

This thread popped up at the right time! I needed to thin these things out, so I let my nephew nail one. We tied it to a piece of rope and I had him drag it around the front yard, with a couple zigs & zags. We brought her outside and that is when I realized I had no idea how to try to START her on the trail. I knew where WE started the drag and did my best to point and show her...all of a sudden she caught the sent and took off. It was about a 50 yard trail and she only had her nose down for part of it...the rest was up in the air. *This makes me wonder if i need to find a way to keep her nose down more?? She found it in 60 seconds or less. Gave her a treat and lots praise. Did another one on another side of the house, about 75 yards. Again, she found it with very little nose to the ground action.

Today I popped another squirrel and figured I’d try to make it challenging for her. This was about 150-175 yards. She did very well, but it took her longer to get her to start the trail. (I need help/ideas with the starting). At the last 30 yards, she looked like she was getting bored, so it took a bit, but got her going again and she found it.

Love this thread!!! Great info
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X