Best Texas Lake ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Texas Lake ?

considering the following, which texas lake is the best ?

waterfront home/cabin
    fishing/water sports
    quiet (not too crowded)

thanks for your opinions

Lake Palestine..

Comment

Several years ago, I would've said Richland Chambers was in the top 10, but it gets too crowded. Once upon a time, there were fewer houses and boats.

Thought I was safe back in the creeks, but you'd be surprised where some people will take a party barge.

Comment

canyon lake, or medina.

Comment

Lake Buchanan.

Comment

Lets see (in SNL skit voice of Obama)

How about Lake Granger?

waterfront home/cabin -- No
            fishing/water sports -- mmmm maybe..No
            quiet (not too crowded) -- Twirls finger..points... No!

I'd say upper Buchanan then drive up river to fish. Do it when flooding and no one else is there.

Comment

I would go with Buchanan as well. Kathy and Theo's place is right on the water and it (comparatively) didn't cost them an arm and a leg.

Comment

Caddo Lake to me. Some of the best views, fishing and plenty of open water for sporting.

Comment

T Bend because that is where our house is in Six Mile

Comment

I have not seen too many Texas waters, but I did just get back from fishing a few days at Caddo. And it was beautiful, fishing was good, did see some people wake boarding. Not so sure I would after we saw a 10' plus gator. But I guess if they dont bother ya water sports could be enjoyed. I would love to have a place on that lake. Got home and looked up properties for sale, prices seemed steep but I dont know how the housing market is down there. Would love to retire there.

Comment

I'm biased but I'd say Texoma. It gets crowded at places bt is big enogh it's easy to get away from crowds. Awesome beaches and veiws. Fishing is awesome esp for sandies, stripper, cats the crappie are decent.
                      Last edited by Sparkles; 05-26-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Lake Amistad is pretty, has some awesome houses on it and is great fishing!

Comment

I live between 4 lakes but I prefer lake tawakoni and not just for the great crystal meth available. LOL!!!

Comment

Nobody said Whitney huh

Comment

Probably too far for you, but...Lake Bob Sandlin is the perfect lake. It is NEVER crowded. It is east/west situated, rather than north/south like most lakes, so when the wind blows you can fish or ski all along the shore of the protected side. With most lakes, when the wind blows generally from the south or north, and the only protected areas are the coves.

Comment

Working...
                              X