Great idea. Love it.

Comment

my thought saw dust in bottom ------------- u knowmy .02

Comment

That is a great ideal...

Comment

Awesome idea!

Comment

Love it, cheaper than all that ice and cleaner too!

Comment

great idea.
              except venison doesnt age like beef, it doesnt possess the proper enzymes..
              if you like it, go for it but you're not going to get the required mold...

Comment

thats a great idea i think i need one

Comment

that's awesome

Comment

great idea...

Comment

I am stealing your idea. I have a fridge just like that. I am doing it.

Comment

I like it and may try that myself! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                          great idea.
                          except venison doesnt age like beef, it doesnt possess the proper enzymes..
                          if you like it, go for it but you're not going to get the required mold...
                          Venison does not have the enzymes that beef has, but it will still age. Aging venison gets the gamey taste out of the meat, for those that do not like that sort of flavor. Venison does taste better after it has been aged, and is also a little bit more tender. So, this is a great idea.

Venison does age, just not the same process that beef does, but if you think about it, deer and beef pretty much eat the same thing, so a lot of the enzymes are going to be the same. Both eat grass, protein, and corn. The enzymes are there.

Comment

Thats a Great Idea

Comment

There goes all the free refrigerators on CL lol great idea

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTING_COACH View Post
                                Venison does not have the enzymes that beef has, but it will still age. Aging venison gets the gamey taste out of the meat, for those that do not like that sort of flavor. Venison does taste better after it has been aged, and is also a little bit more tender. So, this is a great idea.

Venison does age, just not the same process that beef does, but if you think about it, deer and beef pretty much eat the same thing, so a lot of the enzymes are going to be the same. Both eat grass, protein, and corn. The enzymes are there.
                                Are you bipolar? Jk!

And I'm gonna have to try this out, I've got a fridge in the garage right now that has a freezer on one side and a fridge on the other, I never use the fridge side though.

Comment

Working...
                                X