No announcement yet.

2023 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schloss was a great hire by Bjork. Good to see TCU had someone ready to fill the shoes as well. They had a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I remember national titles, plural….(that means more than one).

Surprise, surprise. It took all of one weekend for the Concordia and North Texas folk to step up with their bird chests stuck out about what “we” have done over the years. That arrogance didn’t last one weekend and you are already taking about expectations in Austin. It’s like these guys are actual boosters or contributors to the program, much less alumni. Will be fun to watch the JV squad of sip tshirt posters meltdown yet again this year. It never gets old. Meanwhile, Schloss will be pushing a wheelbarrow with his nuts in it across the state of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJerryHolas View Post
        Surprise, surprise. It took all of one weekend for the Concordia and North Texas folk to step up with their bird chests stuck out about what “we” have done over the years. That arrogance didn’t last one weekend and you are already taking about expectations in Austin. It’s like these guys are actual boosters or contributors to the program, much less alumni. Will be fun to watch the JV squad of sip tshirt posters meltdown yet again this year. It never gets old. Meanwhile, Schloss will be pushing a wheelbarrow with his nuts in it across the state of Texas.
        HoW MaNY yEArS HAvE You BeEN ON tHiS sITE?

Comment

Targac had another "no doubter" for the Ags yesterday...He and Laviolette are going to damage some baseballs this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
            Schloss was a great hire by Bjork. Good to see TCU had someone ready to fill the shoes as well. They had a great weekend.

Agreed on both.

Good luck this year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Missed Friday and Saturday games. My son was taking a tour of tu. (I still can't say it any other way). It is on his list. Came back Saturday night and watched UTRGV beat Houston Christian on Sunday. Love baseball time in Texas! Good start to the season and now have Central Michigan here for 5 games. Going to be a busy week. Here's to 8-0....

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                Targac had another "no doubter" for the Ags yesterday...He and Laviolette are going to damage some baseballs this season!

Just wait until Werner hits his stride. He’s gonna bounce a couple off the rec center this year.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                  Last year was fun
                  Man, what a wild finish that one was.

Comment

Bonus Monday baseball for the Red Raiders.

Comment

Was impressed with Justin Lamkin (Fr. out of Calallen) who came in for middle relief. He was outstanding.[/QUOTE]

My son and Lamkin were classmates, I'm excited to see what he does. Good kid with the right attitude and work ethics. Hope he continues to get some inning. Big, strong lefty that should be able to throw a lot of innings!

Comment

For those asking about Pierce and Texas; his relationship has been very hot and cold with the people that matter over the years. He has had some success in his 6 seasons, but there are questions is the talent is carrying the coach or does he deserve more credit than he is receiving in those circles.

It was a huge loss for Texas to lose Sean Allen and Troy Tulowitzki from the coaching staff this past year. Pierce fired Allen (D1 baseball assistant of the year in 2021), held on to Phillip Miller (who people think should be fired), and Tulo quit cause he didn't want to work with Pierce anymore. Pierce hires this year have also been questioned, so while only 3 games into the season you are hearing some chatter.

Texas is replacing a lot of talent, so its probably going to look ugly before it looks better this year. The expectation for Texas is always Omaha and early on it does not appear he has the team or staff to get there, so yes there will be noise until he proves them wrong.

With all that being said, I can't wait to be back at Disch Falk watching baseball this Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          For those asking about Pierce and Texas; his relationship has been very hot and cold with the people that matter over the years. He has had some success in his 6 seasons, but there are questions is the talent is carrying the coach or does he deserve more credit than he is receiving in those circles.

It was a huge loss for Texas to lose Sean Allen and Troy Tulowitzki from the coaching staff this past year. Pierce fired Allen (D1 baseball assistant of the year in 2021), held on to Phillip Miller (who people think should be fired), and Tulo quit cause he didn't want to work with Pierce anymore. Pierce hires this year have also been questioned, so while only 3 games into the season you are hearing some chatter.

Texas is replacing a lot of talent, so its probably going to look ugly before it looks better this year. The expectation for Texas is always Omaha and early on it does not appear he has the team or staff to get there, so yes there will be noise until he proves them wrong.

With all that being said, I can't wait to be back at Disch Falk watching baseball this Spring.
                          Bats will come and go, and I'd expect a slow start from a bunch of freshmen. The starting pitching Fri, and Sat were not bad at all for 1st times out on the season. The bullpen was sketchy AF, but I'm willing to wait and see on that to some extent. I didn't go to the game yesterday as I had things to do, and didn't look up stats, but I heard Stehle had 8 un-earned runs.

BY FAR the most glaring problem is the infield, and the stats from the weekend don't tell the story. The official scorer was giving everyone hits, but the infield play was atrocious. There were at least 2 runs from Friday that should have been scored un-earned. There were plays un-made that any NCAA team should make on both Friday and Saturday that turn both into wins.

Pierce will yell and scream, jump up and down, and shuffle the line-up...but it looked fairly obvious to me that he didn't have them ready to play. We all know what a weird game baseball can be...but that was too many bad signs for me to have much confidence moving forward.

Comment

Texas went to Omaha in 2021 after an 0-3 start at Globe Life Park. They had 41 strike outs in those 3 games (They had 26 in the 3 games this year - I am going off of stats a buddy told me so not 100% sure but close).

Baseball is a funny game and we could be looking back on these post and laughing as Texas is getting ready to play in Omaha in June 2023; however, there are just to many unknowns and young guys on this team to feel good about the rest of the way.

Comment

Tech plays its first ninth inning of the year. They walk off 9-8. Guns up!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Bats will come and go, and I'd expect a slow start from a bunch of freshmen. The starting pitching Fri, and Sat were not bad at all for 1st times out on the season. The bullpen was sketchy AF, but I'm willing to wait and see on that to some extent. I didn't go to the game yesterday as I had things to do, and didn't look up stats, but I heard Stehle had 8 un-earned runs.

BY FAR the most glaring problem is the infield, and the stats from the weekend don't tell the story. The official scorer was giving everyone hits, but the infield play was atrocious. There were at least 2 runs from Friday that should have been scored un-earned. There were plays un-made that any NCAA team should make on both Friday and Saturday that turn both into wins.

Pierce will yell and scream, jump up and down, and shuffle the line-up...but it looked fairly obvious to me that he didn't have them ready to play. We all know what a weird game baseball can be...but that was too many bad signs for me to have much confidence moving forward.
                                I was at all three games. Every one of those unearned runs was in the 2nd inning. Pierce put in an all new infield for the 3rd game and the SS and 2B were both freshmen. They each made 2 errors on routine ground balls that inning.

I don't buy the excuse of youth. The lineup in the 1st two games had 3 freshmen, 5 juniors and 1 senior. I would expect better ball contact out of the veterans. The Ark pitcher was outstanding and Texas matched him pitch-for-pitch through five innings. After that, the entire tournament was pretty much an embarrassment. Texas definitely earned their ranking this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X