Spring/summer plots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
    This will be our first time planting spring anything at the new place. We had decent luck with the fall plots. We are in NE Brown County with a portion of our ranch in Comanche County. I posted in another thread but I'll add here as well, we plan to plant the following this year:

10 ac Deer Food Plots
    [ATTACH]1117636[/ATTACH]

3 ac of Dove Food Plots around tanks
    [ATTACH]1117637[/ATTACH]

~6 acres of perennial forbs
    [ATTACH]1117638[/ATTACH]

Here is to hoping for plenty of rain and good luck.

Wh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This will be our first time planting spring anything at the new place. We had decent luck with the fall plots. We are in NE Brown County with a portion of our ranch in Comanche County. I posted in another thread but I'll add here as well, we plan to plant the following this year:

10 ac Deer Food Plots
      [ATTACH]1117636[/ATTACH]

3 ac of Dove Food Plots around tanks
      [ATTACH]1117637[/ATTACH]

~6 acres of perennial forbs
      [ATTACH]1117638[/ATTACH]

Where do you get your seed

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
        Where do you get your seed

This will be the first time to use Turner Seeds. I know there is a dealer in Rising Star and Comanche. Last fall I called the dealer in Comanche and they said they could get us whatever we needed with 2-3 days notice at the prices listed in my post which works a lot better than paying shipping. That is likely who I will go with as it is less than 30 min from the ranch. I'll have to go back and look for the name and number, I think I have it on a sheet of paper in my office.

Comment

I have ordered enough Sunn Hemp to plant 5 acres this year. I will do 1.5 acres in drought resistant soybeans and 1 acre of some sort of sunflower mix

Comment

This will be the first time to use Turner Seeds. I know there is a dealer in Rising Star and Comanche. Last fall I called the dealer in Comanche and they said they could get us whatever we needed with 2-3 days notice at the prices listed in my post which works a lot better than paying shipping. That is likely who I will go with as it is less than 30 min from the ranch. I'll have to go back and look for the name and number, I think I have it on a sheet of paper in my office.

I drive through there so I could do the same on pickup

Comment

Is there a local place to get soybeans in north Texas? I always had to pay as much for shipping as the seem.

Comment

Is there a local place to get soybeans in north Texas? I always had to pay as much for shipping as the seem.

MBS Seed out of Denton used to have them. Havent planted spring plots in awhile so not sure if they still have them.

Comment

Just called again and they are going to call me back on what I need for spring. The place is called Ferti-Tex in Comanche and the number is 325-356-5460.

If you call or try to use Ferti-Tex, I would ask them about soybeans as well. In the past they made it sound like they can get whatever you need and I'm pretty sure Turner has soybeans. You may be able to do a 1 stop pickup.

Comment

. . .
                    Turner seed?

Comment

Richmon in Brownwood can get you Turner seed too

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        Turner seed?
                        Yes, we will be going with Turner Seed.

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        Richmon in Brownwood can get you Turner seed too

BP
                        Thanks for the info, that is good to know. It is about the same distance from the ranch to Brownwood and Comanche but we drive thru Brownwood on the way so that may be a better option in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                          Fayette County - will be planting green cover seed's warm season pollinator mix. Has a ton of good deer food mixed in there, and plant diversity is incredible.

Never had a lot of success planting in a first year plot in the spring, but I have a good stand of rye and oats going that I'm going to crimp down over the mix. Should keep weeds at bay and help provide that early moisture.

Planted Saturday 4/1. Looks like we should get good rain this weekend. Had a ton of crimson and white clover blooming under the rye, that should have survived the crimping so excited to see what comes up!

Pics in a campfire thread

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                            Planted Saturday 4/1. Looks like we should get good rain this weekend. Had a ton of crimson and white clover blooming under the rye, that should have survived the crimping so excited to see what comes up!

Pics in a campfire thread

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ght=gobbler%5C
                            I did the same, Saturday and Sunday. Praying for rain.

Comment

I did the same, Saturday and Sunday. Praying for rain.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...=824433&page=5
                              Your seed beds make my back feel a whole lot better just looking at them! I do no-till with a broadcaster, so I get to feel every hog divot

Comment

Planted Deer Vetch and Soybeans this weekend, fertilized and tilled in good. Sprayed pre emergent this morning before the rain.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X