No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This picture shows the big pond that we will be drilling the well for. As you can see, this pond is around 1.25 acres and will be around 3 acres once full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post

This picture shows the big pond that we will be drilling the well for. As you can see, this pond is around 1.25 acres and will be around 3 acres once full.

Nice!! That pond will be cover in ducks!!

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
        Nice!! That pond will be cover in ducks!!
        We would love if this attracted more ducks. I’ve never been a big duck hunter but would happily start if we can get some ducks to consistently fly our way after the pond is at a constant level. Is there anything we can do to make it more enticing for ducks?

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
          We would love if this attracted more ducks. I’ve never been a big duck hunter but would happily start if we can get some ducks to consistently fly our way after the pond is at a constant level. Is there anything we can do to make it more enticing for ducks?
          Get with DUKFVR and Unclefish on here. They can tell you all you would want to know about ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
            Get with DUKFVR and Unclefish on here. They can tell you all you would want to know about ducks.
            Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

They are finishing up all of the dozing by tomorrow. Here are some pictures. My twin brother will be broadcasting 3 acres worth of native seed in the sections near the house and I’ll be ordering 5 acres more to seed in February. Hoping these areas provide quality native forage and help our turkey/quail populations.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Do y’all ever hunt the river side?

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                        Do y’all ever hunt the river side?
                        We don’t. We thought about adding a feeder over there which would give us another area to hunt.

Comment

Great seeing all the piles of cedar! Great job on the habitat improvement and the seedbed looks perfect!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the updates, they always give me ideas for my place.

And that would be cool to put a feeder on the river side. Those are always good spots to send somebody who is already "tagged out" on the main ranch or for a new hunter when you dont have an extra guide for them to sit with on the main place.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                              Awesome, thanks for the updates, they always give me ideas for my place.

And that would be cool to put a feeder on the river side. Those are always good spots to send somebody who is already "tagged out" on the main ranch or for a new hunter when you dont have an extra guide for them to sit with on the main place.
                              Good idea!

Comment

Clearing Pictures

Here are some more pictures showing all of the clearings. I believe we cleared around 10 acres worth of cedars. Looking forward to what it looks like in a year or two.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	24704796

Name:	5 (Large).jpg
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	24704797

Name:	12 (Large).jpg
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	24704798

Name:	14 (Large).jpg
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	24704799

Name:	18 (Large).jpg
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	24704800

Name:	19 (Large).jpg
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	24704801

Name:	21 (Large).jpg
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	24704802

Name:	Picture1 (Large).jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24704803

Name:	Picture2 (Large).jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	24704804

We spread some annual rye grass on one area that had a hill to try to stabilize the soil and reduce the chance of runoff. I ordered more native seed and hope to be able to broadcast all of the native seed in these clearings in February.

Comment

Working...
                                X