Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tag

Comment

Has anyone dealt with Rick the fellow representing the Oklahoma leases? Anyone have a lead on a good OK lease and if so may you please PM me.
      Thanks

Comment

These were the available leases on the Pitchfork Ranch about 2 weeks ago. I contacted their lease manager, brookshodges@hotmail.com I posted these on another thread, but thought I would add to this one. I wish I could afford one of these spots :/

I apologize for the layout. It won't save in the format in which I wrote it.

Pasture.................acres... PPA..tags..$/spot.....total

East Clear............ 1,642....$5... 1....$8,210...$8,210
        Presley................ 2,481....$6... 2....$7,443...$14,886
        Bull Pasture......... 3,090....$8... 2....$12,360...24,720
        Gage Corner........4,399.... $8...3....$11,731...$35,192
        West Long Canyon..5,584...$8...4....$11,168...$44,672
        East Long Canyon..5,687...$8... 4....$11,374...$45,496

South Willow........6,118....$7...4....$10,707...$42,826
        Stovall............... 3,733....$6...3....$7,466.....$22,398
        River................. 4,500....$7...3....$10,500...$31,500
        Davidson.......... 8,128... $8...6....$10,837...$65,024
        Last edited by sbushee; 12-30-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Be careful of the places around Pandale. We leased one years back that was supposed to be 5k acres and was maybe 3k. Got on with some friends who looked at it. Shot out also. May not be the same area or that way now. Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm looking in Childress and Hardeman county.

Comment

Good Potential on this one

Lease ID: 1703
              Date Listed: 2023-01-01
              Owner's User ID: rdrch4844
              Ranch name: BROADVIEW
              County: Schleicher
              Acres: 700
              Hunters: 4
              Cost: $3000 per hunter.
              Lease Type: seasonal
              Means allowed: rifle, handgun, black powder, archery
              Game available: deer, turkey, feral hogs, other
              Property description: BROADVIEW RANCH = 1-LEASE AVAILABLE. SEASON LEASE. LEASE IS SUITABLE FOR NO MORE THAN -4-HUNTERS. $3000. PER HUNTER. EASTERN SCHLEICHER COUNTY. 9 MILES DIRECTLY NORTH OF HISTORIC FORT MCKAVETT ON FM 2873. OWNER 325.656.0413
              Lease description: Lease description: This lease is Seasonal. We are offering -1- pasture to group of no more than -4- hunters. The fee is $3000. per hunter. We offer: Per Hunter: -1-mature Whitetail Buck (8 points or better), -1- Spike Buck (true Spike -2-horns only minimum 5” long) and -3- Does per hunter. Spring Turkey season included. From now until April you may construct blinds, build feed pens, and run feeders. Lease runs from January 1, 2023 to 1st Sunday in January 2024. We allow you to refill feeders and during the summer with prior notice/text in advance of coming to the lease. We offer Whitetail deer and Rio Grande Turkey. We offer Mature 8-point bucks in conjunction with our 16 year membership in the Menard County Wildlife Management Association. We strictly follow Game management guidelines as set by our Texas Parks and Wildlife Game Biologist. The family has owned and lived on the Ranch since 1874. We offer a dry campsite with your easy hookup to the local electric co-op. Lease is offered on as starting basis for possible long term Leasing if both parties agree. For more information reply to this email. Thanks for your interest, Gary Treadwell-Contact Landowner 325.656.0413

Comment

….

Comment

Hunting Lease

· Approximately 1,400 acres

· Located on Highway 183 in Burnet County about 7 miles south of Lampasas

· $12,500 for 5 hunters (family members who hunt count as hunters)

· September 1 through end of regular season (usually in early January) (may visit property to work on feeders and blinds one weekend per month prior to September 1)

Please call (512) 861-5285 if interested

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    Hunting Lease

· Approximately 1,400 acres

· Located on Highway 183 in Burnet County about 7 miles south of Lampasas

· $12,500 for 5 hunters (family members who hunt count as hunters)

· September 1 through end of regular season (usually in early January) (may visit property to work on feeders and blinds one weekend per month prior to September 1)

Please call (512) 861-5285 if interested
                    I called this guy and he hung up on me. Here's what he told me:

Part of a 6300 plus acre ranch. No doe. 1 good buck 4 1/2 years or older, and one trash buck of 5 points or less - regardless of age. All the pigs you want too. Dove are ok. There are ponds with fish, but no fishing. There is electrical but no water. They rotate cows through so they won't be there consistently, maybe once a month. Closest towns are Lampasas and Watson.
                    Access is from Sept 1 through the end of the season, and you can come once a month on a weekend to tend to blinds and fill feeders and such.

When he hung up on me he ended any relationship we might have had. To heck with him. You make your own choice.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                      These were the available leases on the Pitchfork Ranch about 2 weeks ago. I contacted their lease manager, brookshodges@hotmail.com I posted these on another thread, but thought I would add to this one. I wish I could afford one of these spots :/

I apologize for the layout. It won't save in the format in which I wrote it.

Pasture.................acres... PPA..tags..$/spot.....total

East Clear............ 1,642....$5... 1....$8,210...$8,210
                      Presley................ 2,481....$6... 2....$7,443...$14,886
                      Bull Pasture......... 3,090....$8... 2....$12,360...24,720
                      Gage Corner........4,399.... $8...3....$11,731...$35,192
                      West Long Canyon..5,584...$8...4....$11,168...$44,672
                      East Long Canyon..5,687...$8... 4....$11,374...$45,496

South Willow........6,118....$7...4....$10,707...$42,826
                      Stovall............... 3,733....$6...3....$7,466.....$22,398
                      River................. 4,500....$7...3....$10,500...$31,500
                      Davidson.......... 8,128... $8...6....$10,837...$65,024
                      why do you think there are so many pastures open? Pitchfork has been legendary in the past - CWD?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post

Part of a 6300 plus acre ranch. No doe. 1 good buck 4 1/2 years or older, and one trash buck of 5 points or less - regardless of age. All the pigs you want too. Dove are ok. There are ponds with fish, but no fishing. There is electrical but no water. They rotate cows through so they won't be there consistently, maybe once a month. Closest towns are Lampasas and Watson.
                        Access is from Sept 1 through the end of the season, and you can come once a month on a weekend to tend to blinds and fill feeders and such.

When he hung up on me he ended any relationship we might have had. To heck with him. You make your own choice.
                        Thanks for sharing the info., saved me a phone call. I'm obviously looking for a spot also...

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                          why do you think there are so many pastures open? Pitchfork has been legendary in the past - CWD?
                          Who wants to pay 8000 dollars for a deer lease that’s why .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            Who wants to pay 8000 dollars for a deer lease that’s why .

Plenty of people. I’m curious why so many openings as well. I’ve hunted several very large ranches over the years and not all pastures are created equally. I’m guessing the quality for the open spots didn’t live up to the price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post

what was the reason for him hanging up on you?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Plenty of people. I’m curious why so many openings as well. I’ve hunted several very large ranches over the years and not all pastures are created equally. I’m guessing the quality for the open spots didn’t live up to the price tag.

My guess would be the terrible drought had a big effect on population. I know we lost some deer, but a lot of the truly wild areas of Dickens and King County lost a lot more deer. Add in the price and travel time, and some of those pastures will take some time to recover.

Comment

Working...
                                X