Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome! He would be pumped about that.

Did yall get to hunt during construction or have to sit out a year?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      Awesome! He would be pumped about that.

Did yall get to hunt during construction or have to sit out a year?

No we split the ranch and cut the number of hunters. We don’t have the south side now because they are in negotiations for windmills on that side.

Comment

No we split the ranch and cut the number of hunters. We don’t have the south side now because they are in negotiations for windmills on that side.

Gotcha. Pretty frustrating. When you headed down next?

Comment

Gotcha. Pretty frustrating. When you headed down next?

Friday morning hopefully. Will be there till the following Saturday.

Comment

Friday morning hopefully. Will be there till the following Saturday.

10-4. Maybe if the hunting sucks we can hook up for lunch or something. I'm headed down Thursday for a long weekend.

Comment

10-4. Maybe if the hunting sucks we can hook up for lunch or something. I'm headed down Thursday for a long weekend.

Come out to the lease. I can’t remember exactly where your at.

Comment

Come out to the lease. I can’t remember exactly where your at.

Thompson.....on the river

Comment

Saw about the same as everyone else, sounds like. Nothing spectacular on camera except a few pigs and the neighbors dogs and a bunch of 3 yo looking bucks. Hunted Sat and Sun, saw a couple chasing, but pretty much everything was 4 pts or small 8's. Whacked a doe Sunday morning for meat. Good hard freeze, lots of frost.

Comment

I haven't been down yet but our guys that have been October and the last 2 weeks have said it's brutal. Horns are terrible due to drought and the late rain has improved range conditions enough they aren't coming to feeders. Just need it to get cold!! And in a hurry. I was hoping you would have a better report for me And we did get the wonderful news that we are getting windmills in the next year or two. Probably start core sampling shortly
                    Our neighbors on the west fence line put them up. They went from non to 20 from deer season to turkey season. I think duration will depend on hoe much road building they have to do.

Comment

Any updated rut reports? I’ve been out here the last couple of days with zero rut activity. I have not scene very many does. I hope they survived the drought.

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
                        Any updated rut reports? I’ve been out here the last couple of days with zero rut activity. I have not scene very many does. I hope they survived the drought.
                        Bucks are moving in Water Valley, this weekend should be awesome with the cloudy cool weather.

Comment

Thank You, Lord for the rain today and over the last few months!!!!

After this brutal hot drought….I’m sure happy seeing this colder weather as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bone thug View Post
                            thank you, lord for the rain today and over the last few months!!!!

After this brutal hot drought….i’m sure happy seeing this colder weather as well.
                            amen !

Comment

Bucks are starting to move. Had a couple mature bucks fight Saturday. Seeing some broken tines on cameras.
                              NW Irion county

Comment

They are chasing in town, running throughout the neighborhood

Comment

Working...
                                X