No announcement yet.

Tactacam with Reaktor Solar Panel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought 3 on the deal and put one of them on my Tactacam with the lithium battery. Kept wondering why it wasn't holding a charge on the battery with direct sunlight from sunrise until almost sunset. Guess I have my answer.

Comment

Called elusive this afternoon to check the status of my replacement since the return was dropped to them on the 28th of October.

They tell me it takes 2-3 weeks to process a return and get the replacement out.

I'd recommend taking yourself if all all possible

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Called elusive this afternoon to check the status of my replacement since the return was dropped to them on the 28th of October.

They tell me it takes 2-3 weeks to process a return and get the replacement out.

Ouch, just miss a month of deer season

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          Ouch, just miss a month of deer season
          Yea.

I can walk in and get a replacement or wait 3 weeks for someone to put a new one in the box we've already used, slap a label in and wait for the mailman. I won't be rushing out to spend money there again

Comment

That’s terrible customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm having the same issue. Bought mine on Amazon but they were the distributor and i'm past the return date for Amazon or I would just return them and go with something else. I called Elusive yesterday and spoke with a very nice lady. Using my name she was able to see that I had bought 3 of them and she said they were putting new ones in the mail to me right away and there would be a return label in the box to use to send the bad ones back. Can't ask for better customer service than that. I just hope these new ones work.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                I'm having the same issue. Bought mine on Amazon but they were the distributor and i'm past the return date for Amazon or I would just return them and go with something else. I called Elusive yesterday and spoke with a very nice lady. Using my name she was able to see that I had bought 3 of them and she said they were putting new ones in the mail to me right away and there would be a return label in the box to use to send the bad ones back. Can't ask for better customer service than that. I just hope these new ones work.
                Interesting. They were able to find my order by name but told me wait 2-3 weeks. What was her name and I'll call and ask for her

Comment

Interesting. They were able to find my order by name but told me wait 2-3 weeks. What was her name and I'll call and ask for her[/QUOTE]

I don't remember. If there is a name in the box when I get it, I will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                    Buy these off Amazon. They have a 6v and 12v plug, come with multiple cords and they have a really nice metal mount. I have 14 of them and they have been flawless

Just ordered this one yesterday. I have to replace one that is not working anymore. Not the elusive wildlife one. I think bearcreek or something like that. After 70,000 pics it wouldn't stay charged anymore.

Comment

Sending another one back tomorrow. This will be my third one that crapped out. One more chance then I’m done them.

Comment

I put one on a new Tactacam 2 weeks ago. No batteries in camera. It’s still working. Was going to get another, but not sure now.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                          Buy these off Amazon. They have a 6v and 12v plug, come with multiple cords and they have a really nice metal mount. I have 14 of them and they have been flawless

This is the answer fellas. Works great. Cam has taken over 4000 pics since I put it out last weekend, and is showing 100% battery life. Checked the panel before I left, and it showed 100% charged. I'll be buying more of these myself.

Comment

Reveals on external batteries will always show 100% per Tactacam

Comment

Originally posted by cram369 View Post
                              I put one on a new Tactacam 2 weeks ago. No batteries in camera. It’s still working. Was going to get another, but not sure now.

If EW would have offered a refund, I would have taken it from the customer service standpoint alone. I would taken that money and bought the amazon charger. At least then I would have a new solar panel on the way before hanging up the phone

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                                I got the new ones today along with the return shipping label for the old ones just as they said. I will get them out tomorrow and see if they work. I’ll update more then.

Comment

Working...
                                X