No announcement yet.

Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got my first one of the year off my place!

Bisch

And Sackett, looks like I won’t be at the game dinner after all. Only have 2 groups of hunters all year at the ranch I work at, and next weekend is one of them!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
      I hunted last week and had a bunch of bucks still in pretty decent bachelor groups. I shot at a decent mature 10 but “some how” shot low. Axis are not coming into our feeders again and the hogs have become more frequent visitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know it didn’t happen unless you post pics, right?????

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        You know it didn’t happen unless you post pics, right?????

Bisch

It happened lol here a pic of what I could get. The deer dropped and I was still low! I’m guessing I was 3 feet under at 24 yards!!! The deer definitely got a small buzz cut. He stood there at 60 yards after the shot zero cares. Saw him the very next morning before shooting light

Comment

Aww heck, sorry about that!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Sonora / Sutton County 2022

My morning couldn’t have been better. Went to a blind where I had been seeing some axis, but couldn’t get them in close enough to try to shoot with my longbow. This morning, I took the Elite just in case any of them came in. Right at 7:00, this buck came in, and he was plenty close enough for the Elite!!!!! He was quartered away a bit, and I centerpunched him.

I wish that left caudle hadn’t been broken off, but on 100ac with as few sightings as I get, I can’t afford to be too choosy!!!!! Either way, I couldn’t be happier!

Bisch

Comment

Nice work Bisch! I just got some property west of town so I'm hoping I see some of the same

Comment

Nicely done Bisch! I think I get just as excited about eating the axis as I do killing then.

Comment

Waydago buddy

Comment

Maybe only 100 acres but it seems to be in a great spot. Congratulations my friend!

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Bisch!

Comment

Talking with the New TPWD Biologist for Sutton County they are saying corroborates what i have been seeing on our place, that the recovery from Anthrax has been significantly slower than they anticipated. Our place is still decimated!

Comment

My morning couldn’t have been better. Went to a blind where I had been seeing some axis, but couldn’t get them in close enough to try to shoot with my longbow. This morning, I took the Elite just in case any of them came in. Right at 7:00, this buck came in, and he was plenty close enough for the Elite!!!!! He was quartered away a bit, and I centerpunched him.

I wish that left caudle hadn’t been broken off, but on 100ac with as few sightings as I get, I can’t afford to be too choosy!!!!! Either way, I couldn’t be happier!

Bisch

That’s awesome Bisch! Congrats!! I’m definitely going to give the rifle a break this next year. Are y’all still not seeing the numbers like before on the axis?

Comment

Originally posted by Faulkster View Post
                            Talking with the New TPWD Biologist for Sutton County they are saying corroborates what i have been seeing on our place, that the recovery from Anthrax has been significantly slower than they anticipated. Our place is still decimated!
                            What part of the county are you in again?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                              That’s awesome Bisch! Congrats!! I’m definitely going to give the rifle a break this next year. Are y’all still not seeing the numbers like before on the axis?

I’m seeing about the same as always for here. I don’t see many, and sometimes it’s months between sightings. So when they do show up, I try my best to accommodate them with an arrow!!!!! [emoji38]

Bisch

Comment

I’m seeing about the same as always for here. I don’t see many, and sometimes it’s months between sightings. So when they do show up, I try my best to accommodate them with an arrow!!!!! [emoji38]

Bisch

They are hit or miss with us too! They are not hanging around our feeders right now! Going to have to start spot and stalking !

Comment

Working...
                                X