Lake Amistad 22-23 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening day, finally! Best of luck to all coming out to Amistad this season! Bring the bug juice with you as it’s going to be brutal out there.

FYI park headquarters is closing on weekends so make sure to plan and purchase your hunting permit accordingly. Attached below is a link to NPS Lake Amistad website.

Amistad Lake level is up 20 + feet is the last couple of months. Thank you Lord for the rain over the last couple of months. Most of the ramps should be open. Second link is for the lake water depth.

Awesome thanks for the new thread and info brother.

I was hoping to actually do an October trip this year but it's not looking promising at this point, this weekend would've been my best option. Y'all save some deer for me!

Comment

I plan on going out Monday and Tuesday. Anyone else plan on being there at that time?

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
        I plan on going out Monday and Tuesday. Anyone else plan on being there at that time?

I plan to go Monday morning to get my permit and hunt the evening and Tuesday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading to the trail now, so excited. Wish us newbs luck.
          Thanks Perdenal your rock.

Comment

What’s the mid day update looking like? I’m getting the truck cleaned up and packed now.

Comment

I hiked a long way in, didn’t see any exotics. Bumped some does.

Probably be back Tuesday attempt to get my first deer with a bow.

Perdenal was right it is bug city, swarms of stuff, giant flies, and spiders everywhere too.

It really is pretty right now, flowers everywhere and lots of great birds.

Last edited by osochuck; 10-02-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I’m on my way down now. If anyone wants to have a beer after the evening hunt and hopefully exchange some success stories.

Comment

I’m on my way down now. If anyone wants to have a beer after the evening hunt and hopefully exchange some success stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post

I’ll be around, I’m getting my permit now.

Comment

Jsmack good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Did some walking and sweating and found a real good trail. Seen 3 deer so far. Have a good wind to hunt the trail but not really any place to hide. Trying to decide if I hunt this spot or go explore the other hunt areas. This place is real nice from the little that I’ve seen and it’s some rough country .

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Juicy! I need to see pics of a bloody arrow.

Comment

Decided to check out the rest of the hunt areas, don’t want to stay in one spot when there’s lots more to explore.

Comment

Working...
                              X