10 day demand letter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Glad you are getting movement on this Kevin. Hoping for the best when it all plays out.

Comment

What a crappy deal. Hope it’s not trashed when you get it back. I can drag it with my truck if you need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Be careful as he will most likely be changing numbers and will say it was only rented 30 days over the last 6 months. So you need to catch him first admitting the guy had it this entire time (on tape if you can).

Get with detective ASAP - Tell him you don't want to wait another week just to hear the next excuse. I'm sure the detective knows its all BS. Hopefully he gets after him today or tomorrow.

Good luck.
          He's already screwed himself on that. We have text messages showing (Tina started texting, instead of calling, to have a record of everything) that we told him that we wanted the trailer returned in March, when our contract was up. If the trailer wasn't rented, there is absolutely no reason to not return it. He also told the detective that it was still rented and in Louisiana. He doesn't have a leg to stand on in that regard.

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I have some guys that can go talk to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Kevin, you want I should go pay him a visit on your behalf and splain the rules of ethics to him? I will be traveling down 59/69 pretty soon.
          Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
          Sign me up coach!
          This would be a good video for COPS!

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
          What a crappy deal. Hope it’s not trashed when you get it back. I can drag it with my truck if you need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Matt, I think I have a friend lined up to take care of it, but if he can't make it, I might be giving you a call.

I'm going to make sure the detective goes back by there tomorrow and turns up the heat.

Comment

I have a feeling it’s going to be so trashed out you are not going to want it back .

Comment

Didja get your camper back?

Comment

I too was also thinking about this thread and wondering if any updates.

Comment

[QUOTE=Texastaxi;16412484]Tina texted Ron on Sunday to let him know that we expect to get our trailer back this week, like he told the detective, along with the past due payments. Since he admitted to the detective that it was still rented, he didn't realize that he confirmed how much he owes us.

He finally responded to the text last night and said that we could come get our trailer next Friday, the 30th, but it would take him a few weeks to audit our account to see IF he owed us any money!

You are gonna have to take this guy to the train station..

Comment

The 30th cannot get here fast enough for this thread. That and it’s payday.
                    Thanks for posting this fiasco because it does help others to make future considerations. Sorry you all have had to go through this mess.

Comment

Tina was reviewing Vakay's Venmo account; I didn't even know you could do that. Not surprising, they're behind on other payments as well. One lady had sent them payment requests with an added late charge. Tina contacted her. Imagine our surprise when she said they weren't paying her either. She was in a little different situation though. She had owner financed her trailer to them, with a contract drawn up by a lawyer. They were still paying her the lease money, but also a monthly payment to buy the trailer. They were behind on both payments.

Tomorrow is the day. I think Tina is waiting to hear from the detective before we make a plan to proceed. I seriously doubt the trailer will be there tomorrow, as promised.

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
                      You are gonna have to take this guy to the train station..
                      That would save a bunch of people, from a lot of stress, down the road.

Comment

sounds to me like a larger case at hand and the vakay people need to wear some new bracelets.

Comment

In

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            Tina was reviewing Vakay's Venmo account; I didn't even know you could do that. Not surprising, they're behind on other payments as well. One lady had sent them payment requests with an added late charge. Tina contacted her. Imagine our surprise when she said they weren't paying her either. She was in a little different situation though. She had owner financed her trailer to them, with a contract drawn up by a lawyer. They were still paying her the lease money, but also a monthly payment to buy the trailer. They were behind on both payments.

Tomorrow is the day. I think Tina is waiting to hear from the detective before we make a plan to proceed. I seriously doubt the trailer will be there tomorrow, as promised.

That would save a bunch of people, from a lot of stress, down the road.
                            Yikes. I see a bankruptcy filing forthcoming. Hope it is just they are lazy, but seems like they are having cash issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              sounds to me like a larger case at hand and the vakay people need to wear some new bracelets.
                              That other lady is going to contact others in the Venmo list. We will have our ducks in a row before we proceed past getting our trailer back.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                                That other lady is going to contact others in the Venmo list. We will have our ducks in a row before we proceed past getting our trailer back.
                                Good.

Seems to me the owners got used to burning the money they were raking in. Failed to save to pay the bills, took in more money and burned that. Before they knew it, it was too late

Comment

Working...
                                X