East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Ran all cameras and mock scrapes today as well as prepped several trees for saddle. Bought a whole box of 6” 3/8 bolts and set them for steps. Ain’t found main event…. Or kaboom.
    I’ve got all of Lola’s shooters located but not anything I’d burn a tag on.

“Pin ball wizard” heavy 9pt (5.5)
    “Copy cat” good framed buck with weak 3, and brows (5.5)
    “Pabst” been a big browed 6 forever… now a 7 (5.5)

I’ll keep looking…. Pigs are in new feed pen everyday. Hog panels with protein feeder. Nothing on ground. Can’t have nice things. They are in 100% of my pens again
    Good luck brother

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody else still seem to be short on does?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        When I was strictly food plots in spring I was usually a doe factory. When I implemented supplemental protein a few years ago it switched to 90% bucks.

Comment

Shortage of any deers[emoji853]

Comment

We have had great activity all summer and really picking up the last week. Probably the best deer numbers and fawn crop I have seen since I have been leasing the property 11 years.
            Attached Files

Comment

Keep all those girls around and the boys will be along shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                We have had great activity all summer and really picking up the last week. Probably the best deer numbers and fawn crop I have seen since I have been leasing the property 11 years.
                I need to come up there and help you

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  Looks like you had a good fawn crop.

Comment

The last few years out doe numbers have fell off. We hardly see any fawns and it's a miracle if we see them later in the season but we have plenty of young bucks

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Have had plenty of doe numbers, finally had a decent buck show up. Seeing new bucks every day this past week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We’re not seeing does on the hoof or camera, but we did see a bunch of fawns this spring and summer, which is great because we almost never see any. So maybe if the recruitment stays good we’ll have more of everything in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

Have had plenty of doe numbers, finally had a decent buck show up. Seeing new bucks every day this past week.

Great. Card pulls are exciting this time of year with the new visitors showing up.

Comment

Leased a small 38 acre piece in newton co that’s Bow only. It’s 4 miles from my big MLD lease over there. Main reason I grabbed this was possible sleeper and extra bucks plus my FIL is in a wheel chair. This will be a place could come up and shoot whatever with his crossbow, plus bring my nephews.

So fast forward to yesterday. Mowed and planted the big place then went over and checked the new spot. No roads but county and fm access, I proceeded to bust out two food plots pretty close to the county and fm. This would allow my FIL to park his truck then maybe 20-35 yard around down a mowed trail to his north and south wind set ups.

Busted out the first one and was on the second when caught the first trespasser. Apparently the neighbor did not like us there. We caught him coming out of the first plot. He had painted GO in big letters on the ground in red spray paint. Apparently he was writing Go Away when we rolled up on him. Lots of talking but I think we got it worked out but it’ll be interesting to see how this progresses.

Spoke, 6 and 8 point with small drop on the cell cam there last night so it at least has deer lol

Comment

He will tell you he has been hunting that property longer than you and will keep doing it. LOL. You know the drill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                                Leased a small 38 acre piece in newton co that’s Bow only. It’s 4 miles from my big MLD lease over there. Main reason I grabbed this was possible sleeper and extra bucks plus my FIL is in a wheel chair. This will be a place could come up and shoot whatever with his crossbow, plus bring my nephews.

So fast forward to yesterday. Mowed and planted the big place then went over and checked the new spot. No roads but county and fm access, I proceeded to bust out two food plots pretty close to the county and fm. This would allow my FIL to park his truck then maybe 20-35 yard around down a mowed trail to his north and south wind set ups.

Busted out the first one and was on the second when caught the first trespasser. Apparently the neighbor did not like us there. We caught him coming out of the first plot. He had painted GO in big letters on the ground in red spray paint. Apparently he was writing Go Away when we rolled up on him. Lots of talking but I think we got it worked out but it’ll be interesting to see how this progresses.

Spoke, 6 and 8 point with small drop on the cell cam there last night so it at least has deer lol

Are you sure he wasn’t painting “Got Meth?”?

Comment

Working...
                                X