Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drew 11/04 - 11/08 LANWR first time.

Super pumped. I will be coming back from Elk in Colorado, then hill country White tail, then head to Laguna!

Comment

Is there a good place nearby for tent camping or RV camping?

Comment

Adolph thomae Jr park is where you can camp there. On the north side of unit 3. Not supposed to enter the refuge that way but plenty guys do every year.

Comment

Thank you sir. I won't break the rules we'll drive out to the parking area.

Comment

What month do y’all think the whitetail and Nilgai are most active? Nov, Dec, Jan?

Comment

First drawn hunt I’ve ever won in Texas. Super excited. Be down there 11/11-11/15

Comment

Originally posted by saggybows12 View Post
                First drawn hunt I’ve ever won in Texas. Super excited. Be down there 11/11-11/15

Awesome! [emoji109][emoji1018]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by saggybows12 View Post

I’d say December for WTD and Jan/Feb for Nilgai I’ve witnessed in other parts of the RGV. The best time to hunt is always “when ya can” though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Port Isla Inn - booked a room here for my hunt. started off with an ABnB in Laguna Vista but thought the extra 10 min ride was worth the 70% cost savings for a house.
                    has anyone had any theft problems here? wondering what to do with the coolers in an open truck, especially if we have meat in them. don't really want to carry in and out of the room.
                    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                      Port Isla Inn - booked a room here for my hunt. started off with an ABnB in Laguna Vista but thought the extra 10 min ride was worth the 70% cost savings for a house.
                      has anyone had any theft problems here? wondering what to do with the coolers in an open truck, especially if we have meat in them. don't really want to carry in and out of the room.
                      thanks
                      You should be okay. I live right down the street towards the bay. Never have much theft problems.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Just booked my room at Port Isla Inn. I'll be there Dec 15-20th and will have an extra bed if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                          thanks
                          I've stayed there a few times. No issues with thefts. They have a walkin cooler at the check in/processing station.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            I've stayed there a few times. No issues with thefts. They have a walkin cooler at the check in/processing station.
                            Oh awesome, they allow you to leave quarters in there for the duration of the hunt period?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Oh awesome, they allow you to leave quarters in there for the duration of the hunt period?

Yes they do , even the whole deer if you need to

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
                                I drew 11/04 - 11/08 LANWR first time.

Super pumped. I will be coming back from Elk in Colorado, then hill country White tail, then head to Laguna!
                                Wife and I drew 11/4-11/8 also

Comment

Working...
                                X