Port A Shrimp Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port A Shrimp Source

My wife's friends convinced her that we needed to bring our family to Port A this weekend ...I already know it's going to be a beating so please don't pile on my misery. I remember going down there as a kid my dad would always fill a cooler with shrimp from the boats and from guys on the side of the road but I haven't seen that in the last 15 years or so and haven't really gone looking. Any tips on where to source some fresh shrimp without paying Paul's prices?

There is a shrimp boat passed the boat ramp that will have times posted when they will be selling. You can't miss it if you drive past the ramp towards the fish cleaning house.

Comment

Look at the Polly Anna shrimp boat in the marina, if they have a shrimp flag flying they have them and they are fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Peggy Ann in the marina. His boats are white and teal His name is Bo Ritter and he has good prices for big shrimp. Got to get there early as most days he sales out fast. He has a Facebook to tell people when he is going to be in.

Comment

The Shrimp Pimp

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by CSB View Post
            Look at the Polly Anna shrimp boat in the marina, if they have a shrimp flag flying they have them and they are fresh.

This. Can’t miss it. Huge tri-hull shrimp boat. If they don’t have any go to Paul’s in the Bluff.
            Last edited by captainsling; 09-01-2022, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I think the Peggy Ann is only Wednesday and Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

Beat me to it!

Comment

Hey Amigo, look up Peggy Ann shrimp Company. They are a local/family owned business with fresh shrimp typically Thursday-Sunday. We buy them right off the boat in the Port A marina, doesn’t get much fresher than that. Prices are good and they typically have a line started by 8:15-8:30 in the morning(open at 9am) till sold out. It doesn’t take long for them to sellout out either. Skip the middle man mark up and go see these folks, you won’t be disappointed. If you decide to buy bulk and need to borrow my vacuum sealer while y’all are down hit me up.

Comment

[ATTACH]1100799[/ATTACH]

Comment

Get there early. The mediums are plenty big. The super jumbos are the practically the size of a water bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                        Get there early. The mediums are plenty big. The super jumbos are the practically the size of a water bottle. Dese I been catchin r perfect

I don like em dat big

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          I don like em dat big

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Said no woman ever.

Comment

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                              Hey Amigo, look up Peggy Ann shrimp Company. They are a local/family owned business with fresh shrimp typically Thursday-Sunday. We buy them right off the boat in the Port A marina, doesn’t get much fresher than that. Prices are good and they typically have a line started by 8:15-8:30 in the morning(open at 9am) till sold out. It doesn’t take long for them to sellout out either. Skip the middle man mark up and go see these folks, you won’t be disappointed. If you decide to buy bulk and need to borrow my vacuum sealer while y’all are down hit me up.
                              Thanks Chris! I'm guessing you don't want to take your boat out this weekend...do you...Samuel wants to fish but I'll just turn him loose on the jetties.

Comment

Working...
                              X