East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    Yes. They can move the wire cage around and get to all the cotton seed easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotcha........makes sense!
    Originally posted by Javelin View Post
    [ATTACH]1100478[/ATTACH]

Bucks starting to lose their velvet in polk county
    Nice buck!
    Is that panel tall enough to keep out hogs in east texas??? Are you hand corning that spot as it appears small ................or the feeder is hanging from the tree above the sight of the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Unsurprisingly the hogs found my feeder at my new stand sight. It’s at the convergence of a select cut and 2 SMZ’s so it was only a matter of time. It looks like a bomb went off under the feeder in all that soft black dirt, but I got the fix for that. Started putting a pen up and will finish it this weekend. They gonna be ****** when they can’t get back in. LOL
      …. Oh they can get back in. Ask me how I know

Comment

Couple more of my deer cleaned up today.

Comment

Mine still have their bubble wrap.

Comment

We’ve got a gnarly one making his rounds he’s been at every feeder on the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by HFD38 View Post
              We’ve got a gnarly one making his rounds he’s been at every feeder on the lease.

Good Looking buck!

Comment

Awesome buck. How nice to have a good one hop in the feeder pens and be so easily targeted.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Gotcha........makes sense!

Nice buck!
                  Is that panel tall enough to keep out hogs in east texas??? Are you hand corning that spot as it appears small ................or the feeder is hanging from the tree above the sight of the camera?
                  The pen is 3 16ft sections that are all around 25 inches tall. It keeps 90% or more of the pigs out. once in a blue moon a pig will get in but it is rare. I hand corn only. I dump 50lbs out every sunday. Towards October I may go up to 75 to 100lbs depending on if they eat it in less than a week. I judge how much I need by watching camera pics to see when I cant see any corn on ground.

Comment

The pen is 3 16ft sections that are all around 25 inches tall. It keeps 90% or more of the pigs out. once in a blue moon a pig will get in but it is rare. I hand corn only. I dump 50lbs out every sunday. Towards October I may go up to 75 to 100lbs depending on if they eat it in less than a week. I judge how much I need by watching camera pics to see when I cant see any corn on ground.

Exact same on this pen in size and panels. I usually put around 200#’s in it last year. About to fill it for first time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post
                      Awesome buck. How nice to have a good one hop in the feeder pens and be so easily targeted.

I’m sure he will be a ghost come October.

Comment

I do the same height as well, though much larger in size.

I also get a hog to jump in every once in a while, very rare though. Like less than one per year.

You can tell a more mature deer quickly, as they can just almost step over the fence without jumping.

Comment

All you need is 9 panels to build a pen? What would be best for a pipeline?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                            All you need is 9 panels to build a pen? What would be best for a pipeline?
                            one and a half cattle panels is all you need. Take a whole panel and cut it in half long ways (16ft side to make them 25 inches tall) I use three 16ft sections. Smaller pen the better for hand corn IMO

Comment

one and a half cattle panels is all you need. Take a whole panel and cut it in half long ways (16ft side to make them 25 inches tall) I use three 16ft sections. Smaller pen the better for hand corn IMO
                              Definitely doable. I always thought you had to have a lot of panels for a feed pen. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Exact same on this pen in size and panels. I usually put around 200#’s in it last year. About to fill it for first time this year.

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                                I do the same height as well, though much larger in size.

I also get a hog to jump in every once in a while, very rare though. Like less than one per year.

You can tell a more mature deer quickly, as they can just almost step over the fence without jumping.
                                good to know.
                                strong....thx

Comment

Working...
                                X