X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Cale Gundy was canceled at OU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Saw that. He said something or read something.

Comment

Cale Gundy was canceled at OU

He read the lyrics to a rap song one of his players was writing during film session? Shouldn’t the player also be kicked off the team?

Comment

Pretty ridiculous. IMHO. But tis the sensitive society we live in. Unless this departure stems from something deeper.

Comment

I owe it to Sooner Nation to be transparent about what led to my decision,” Gundy began. “Last week, during a film session, I instructed my players to take notes. I noticed a player was distracted and picked up his iPad and read aloud the words that were written on his screen."

Ridiculous!

Comment

Pretty ridiculous. IMHO. But tis the sensitive society we live in. Unless this departure stems from something deeper.

Something tells me that he was looking for a way out and found it! He was the longest tenured coach on staff and maybe the Big 12. Maybe unhappy about not being considered for or getting the head coach position!

The only constant in life is change!

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
              Something tells me that he was looking for a way out and found it! He was the longest tenured coach on staff and maybe the Big 12. Maybe unhappy about not being considered for or getting the head coach position!

The only constant in life is change!
              LOL! Wow!

Comment

Very ridiculous and complete BS. That said, i think he was planning on retinting soon anyways but still. Shouldn't have gone down like that. Bet Malcom Kelly from TCU gets a call after season....

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  LOL! Wow!
                  I expected this reaction from you!

No one may ever know what he was thinking but he RESIGNED. He wanted out! It is all supposition on my part!

How about you and the gang of idiots that make this thread impossible to remain civil give it a break this season!

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                    I expected this reaction from you!

No one may ever know what he was thinking but he RESIGNED. He wanted out! It is all supposition on my part!

How about you and the gang of idiots that make this thread impossible to remain civil give it a break this season!
                    Bless your heart…

Comment

Sure sounds like he said that word that is taboo as he was reading the kid's rap lyrics. I am just guessing, but it sure seems like he was getting pressure to leave and resigned.

Comment

LOL! Wow!
                        Not sure why that is funny or surprising. He was just giving a possible reason and stated as such?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                          Sure sounds like he said that word that is taboo as he was reading the kid's rap lyrics. I am just guessing, but it sure seems like he was getting pressure to leave and resigned.
                          Some folks can say that word in songs or in comedy and make millions, but if you’re white and say it, your career is over.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                            Not sure why that is funny or surprising. He was just giving a possible reason and stated as such?
                            Do you really think if he wanted out he would do it like this? Tarnishing a stellar career? Leaving this as his legacy? Come on! It’s an idiotic theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Some folks can say that word in songs or in comedy and make millions, but if you’re white and say it, your career is over.
                              Yup, can’t say it if you’re white. Even if it’s a song. He did what he had to do and what was best for the program.

Comment

Do you really think if he wanted out he would do it like this? Tarnishing a stellar career? Leaving this as his legacy? Come on! It’s an idiotic theory.
                                I am not saying I agree with the theory. But it was just a theory that is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X