Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Opinions on Ozone Generators (Ozonics) for Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Opinions on Ozone Generators (Ozonics) for Hunting?

I'm mainly soliciting opinions from those who own or have used them. Anecdotal or scientific experiences welcomed.
    My Flickr Photos

My very unscientific opinion is that it’s just a gimmick for deer hunting. I’m gonna try it some more, but I don’t think it works.

It works very well for removing odors from vehicles/campers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gimmick!

Comment

The 12v auto ones have done very well at removing grease and oil oder, as well as dog and other oders, from my car and trucks. Been waiting to try one in the field while ground sitting.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I truly believe it helps but not fool proof. It reduces your scent but doesn't eliminate it. My thoughts on it are that it reduces scent enough that deer will tolerate it and it seems to them that you are farther away than they realize or they believe you were in the area before but have since move off. I've had deer directly down wind of me feeding and calm, I've also been busted and had deer run off using it. I will continue to use it.

Comment

I will say this:

My blind had to be positioned a certain way at the lease and unfortunately it was primarily upwind from the feeder. I tried all kinds of detergents, sprays, cover scents, etc... but the deer always seemed on edge, even the young does. I bought the cheap HME Ozone machine and hung it up in the Krivoman blind. I instantly saw a difference. The deer were much more at ease, came in more regular, no skittishness, etc... I am sold on ozone now. I have since taken 2 mature bucks at that blind in as many years, as well as multiple does and pigs. I bought a second one and use them in rotation to charge back at camp.

On another note, I had a mouse/rat/something crawl up in my truck and die while at the lease. I could not find it anywhere and the smell was BAD. I started putting those devices in and turning them on when parked and the smell was gone. Like I said above, they really do work.

Comment

The other question you'll need to determine for yourself is how much electronic gear are you willing to drag into the field on a bowhunt before it becomes a pursuit driven by technology and not hunting skills learned and passed down through generations. Tuthdoc had some good advice for these situations.

Comment

Bull****

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                  Gimmick!
                  Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Bull****

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                  Based on experience or just skepticism of the technology?
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Ozone degrades elastic. I ozoned my hunting clothes to include underwear and now my skivvies wont stay up.

Good luck Michael.

Comment

I have been using Ozonics for about 7 year’s now there is something to it I know that i see more deer hogs and especially predators downwind than I did without I wont say that it is gonna turn you invisible to a nose but it may confuse it long enough to got you a shot

Comment

Michael, I borrowed 2 different ones from other friends who had them to see for myself if they helped me in my particular situation...
                        Long story short, I deliberately put a double bull blind straight up-wind from a feeder where hogs and deer frequented every day. I hand corned 360 degrees around the blind 10 yards out... Videoed the windchecker cotton and dust as deer feed all around in front of me, even got a 150 class 10 point that was half interested in the does present to work all the way 360 degrees around the blind with absolutely zero reaction of alarm. Often he was 5 yards or less... About 1 hour into the "hunt", a big lone boar came sneaking in. The instant his path crossed the path of the air movement from the blind to him, he bolted like he'd been shot at!! Over the years, I have repeated this same scenario multiple times (I bought an Ozonics after I ran that test) though not as a "test" as such, but in actually hunting situations in East, South, and West Texas. My personal experience has shown me that the ozone machines do help and are a useful tool for deer... No matter what, you ain't gonna fool a hog's nose, PERIOD!! I find that if you practice good scent control as you normally would, the ozone machines can indeed give you that little extra edge when needed. They seem to be especially helpful in an enclosed blind (like a Krivoman or similar) where you can control the air around you. They also seem to work better on those damp still days when your scent just lingers from little to no air movement... (they are good during these periods in tripods or open tree stands).
                        Hope this helps...

Comment

Something about being in a deer blind surrounded by 3 video cameras, Go Pros at every angle, an ozone generator humming, reading a book on your ipad and posting on social media on your iphone just doesn't feel like the hunting experience to me. I've always viewed an ozone generator as just one more electronic thing I didn't want in my deer blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            My very unscientific opinion is that it’s just a gimmick for deer hunting. I’m gonna try it some more, but I don’t think it works.

It works very well for removing odors from vehicles/campers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            My thoughts too--

I save pill bottles, put cotton in them, and then several drops of skunk scent. When I get to the stand, I open the bottle and leave it on the ground---works for me.

Comment

I owned one and no longer do. Seems the deer almost didn't like the ozone more than they didn't like human scent. Multiple times I had the Ozone deal working set up just as recommended in my box. Mounted above my shooting window spraying ozone down over any scent that may have left my only open window. I went all out with mounts, extended batteries, a case etc etc. The deer (one good buck I was after and a group of four does) both boogered up on different hunts. In both instances they threw their heads and nose up in typical fashion and bolted out. In both instances, I turned the ozone off and both groups came back in with no issues. It was eye opening enough for me to stop using it. Had other instances where they never came back after the bolt. I don't really recall have any success stories with the Ozonics in my window. If I did I would still own one. Some folks swear by them ....I haven't had any experiences to allow me to do that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA Slacker hunting view1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	24688021

little better pic of my mounts with multiple windows open for light for the picture purposes

Name:	IMG_8899.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	24688022

Name:	IMG_8911.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	24688023
                              Last edited by Smart; 07-27-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X