Anyone order an F250 lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    Might as well just do it. You already put way too much thought into it.
    I have to agree. If you wanted fuel economy you could’ve bought a Volkswagen Golf.

Comment

Anyone order an F250 lately?

Originally posted by slayr View Post
      I have to agree. If you wanted fuel economy you could’ve bought a Volkswagen Golf.

I bought this truck for driving to and from the ranch. It’s like and expensive sxs.

I could fly back and forth and hire labor to the work and still come out ahead with fuel prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        I bought this truck for driving to and from the ranch. It’s like and expensive sxs.

I could fly back and forth and hire labor to the work and still come out ahead with fuel prices.

Ha! I’m just messing with ya man! I can completely agree with the fuel statement, the 6” lift and 37s I put on mine weren’t probably the smartest thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I’ve got 100 miles on this 7.3 now, and I don’t regret this one bit. I’m coming from a tuned 17’ 6.7, and I was scared I wasn’t going to be happy with the power of the 7.3. That’s not the case at all. This truck moves very well. Plent if power especially with the 4.30 rear end.
          I was about to call BS on your statement until you said 4.30(which I honestly didn’t know they made).
          I’ve had a 7.3 for about 2 yrs and just turned 80k. Day to day driving in town it’s great but on the hwy with any kind of trailer and I’m not a fan. For some reason Ford thought it would be a good idea to put a 3.55 rear end in mine which was pretty common when they first came out. Constantly down shifts and gets about 9mpg. I have to lock out 9/10 gears on the tranny and it helps but not enough. I almost had the cord house swap me to 4.56 gears after I had it about 6 months but decided I didn’t want to spend the money because there wasn’t enough info on what the outcome would be.
          I’ll prob be going back to diesel once the truck shortage clears up and diesel comes down off this crazy high.

I would love to see what this thing would do with some 4.30 gears tho, no f250 gas truck should ever have 3.55 rear end, EVER

Comment

I have a 2020 7.3 with 3.55 gears and pulling a trailer with sxs out west is horrible constantly shifting gears aggravating to say the least. Finally decided to just use the pedal instead of cruise control. They used 355 gears to help the fuel economy empty but id agree when pulling any type of trailer light or heavy its 9 or less MPG. However I order another one and its scheduled to be built next week so I guess you could say I'm somewhat happy with it!

Comment

I’ve got a 20’ Tremor F-250 with the 7.3. The tremor comes stock with 35” tires and 4.30 rear. About the heaviest I’ve towed is 7k lbs, handled the trailer just fine averaging 9.5mpg. I’ve loaded down the bed with 2300lbs of feed without any issues and still had plenty of payload to spare. In my opinion the trans does a great job keeping the engine in the power band, but I haven’t noticed significant shifting like some have mentioned.

Thought about the diesel when I purchased, but for my use it didn’t make any sense. Back when I purchased mine it would have taken 350,000 - 400,000 miles to break even with the better mileage on a diesel vs the 7.3, no diesel is a fair bit more per gallon and I’m sure that number has gone up. Don’t get me wrong, diesel is needed for some, but for the rest of us weekend warriors the 7.3 is plenty!

Comment

Mines got a bds 4in radius arm lift kit 37s nitto ridge grapplers. The 11.50 37s. Borla 2in wheel spacers. Stock rims. It came out really good.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                  Mines got a bds 4in radius arm lift kit 37s nitto ridge grapplers. The 11.50 37s. Borla 2in wheel spacers. Stock rims. It came out really good.
                  Have any pics? Sounds nice!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    I was about to call BS on your statement until you said 4.30(which I honestly didn’t know they made).
                    I’ve had a 7.3 for about 2 yrs and just turned 80k. Day to day driving in town it’s great but on the hwy with any kind of trailer and I’m not a fan. For some reason Ford thought it would be a good idea to put a 3.55 rear end in mine which was pretty common when they first came out. Constantly down shifts and gets about 9mpg. I have to lock out 9/10 gears on the tranny and it helps but not enough. I almost had the cord house swap me to 4.56 gears after I had it about 6 months but decided I didn’t want to spend the money because there wasn’t enough info on what the outcome would be.
                    I’ll prob be going back to diesel once the truck shortage clears up and diesel comes down off this crazy high.

I would love to see what this thing would do with some 4.30 gears tho, no f250 gas truck should ever have 3.55 rear end, EVER
                    I haven’t hooked up a trailer to it yet, so I might be pretty upset when I do. As of right now I’m thoroughly pleased with the truck though. My tuned 6.7 would scoot pretty well for a 9K lb truck. This 7.3 isn’t as fast, but it’s no slouch either. The 4.30 rear end is a must IMO though. I don’t pull near as heavy as I used to, so I figured this would do well for my uses now. Mostly 4-5K lbs with an occasional 8-9K. My 6.7 regularly saw 16-18K behind it up until a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                      Ha! I’m just messing with ya man! I can completely agree with the fuel statement, the 6” lift and 37s I put on mine weren’t probably the smartest thing to do.

It never is but we still do it[emoji23]

Comment

Built! Just waiting on shipment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                          Built! Just waiting on shipment!

Still took over 4 weeks once I got to that stage!

Comment

I haven’t hooked up a trailer to it yet, so I might be pretty upset when I do. As of right now I’m thoroughly pleased with the truck though. My tuned 6.7 would scoot pretty well for a 9K lb truck. This 7.3 isn’t as fast, but it’s no slouch either. The 4.30 rear end is a must IMO though. I don’t pull near as heavy as I used to, so I figured this would do well for my uses now. Mostly 4-5K lbs with an occasional 8-9K. My 6.7 regularly saw 16-18K behind it up until a year ago.
                            For me it’s not the weight your towing it’s wind drag. It will pull heavy weight but I have literally watched the fuel gauge drop while the RPM is screaming. I really think the gear ratio is the issue. The 3.55 was put in it for people that should have gotten an f150 instead but think f250 is cool to drive. Like I said ABSOLUTELY NO F250 GAS TRUCK SHOULD EVER HAVE 3,55 gears. Just in case Ford’s engineers are reading

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              For me it’s not the weight your towing it’s wind drag. It will pull heavy weight but I have literally watched the fuel gauge drop while the RPM is screaming. I really think the gear ratio is the issue. The 3.55 was put in it for people that should have gotten an f150 instead but think f250 is cool to drive. Like I said ABSOLUTELY NO F250 GAS TRUCK SHOULD EVER HAVE 3,55 gears. Just in case Ford’s engineers are reading
                              I absolutely agree with you. I would’ve never considered a gasser if the 4.30s weren’t available. I wanted deeper gears in my 350, but 3.55 was as low as you could get in a single wheel diesel.

Comment

I absolutely agree with you. I would’ve never considered a gasser if the 4.30s weren’t available. I wanted deeper gears in my 350, but 3.55 was as low as you could get in a single wheel diesel.

I was thinking 4.30’s would be wayyy too low, so we went 3.73, wished they had a 4.10 option.

But then again I don’t get in a hurry when pulling, so maybe my mileage will vary

Comment

Working...
                                X